Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Single Page Scroll - Modern

• Single Page Scroll - Modern

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • Hey All,
      here is our lastest single page site using the Framework we all love.

Only with FlexiContent

Wast Management Software
    • We are a web design and web development company, we use Joomla as our Heart, Gantry as the Brain and Custom Design as our eyes. Wanna know more about us, check: Design Algarve
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Single Page Scroll - Modern

• Hi there,

Good job. The site looks nice and has good interaction.

A little feedback for you. As a hypnotherapist and web developer with a management background in blue chip companies I would suggest that you consider replacing the image of the toy truck with a real truck. Ideally in a similar colour but a real truck. I know you have the green truck if you scroll up but a new truck isolated on a white background does look good.

Using a toy truck implies that we can't show a real one as they look too scruffy and dirty. Big brands can get away with it because people know the name e.g. ICI, BBC, Glaxo Smith Kline, Tesco etc. Lesser known brands do themselves unseen damage because people wonder why a toy truck was shown. The average business person tends to look at this type of negative signal much harder than they will some of the positive statements.

The psychology of selling is about subliminal messages and creating a desire. It is a massive subject and on the web the toughest part is getting images to tell the story you want to tell. Stock images can be spotted a mile away. Those companies that actually commission their own images of their own premises, staff and products, get much more of a relationship with potential clients because the images feel real and not posed with perfectly handsome people.

Good site that could be even better still.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
  • Re: Single Page Scroll - Modern

• @David,
      this kind of feedback is the reason I keep posting my project on this site. I can't appreciate your feedback enougth.

Is very clear now what you explain and I will address it now. Thanks.
    • We are a web design and web development company, we use Joomla as our Heart, Gantry as the Brain and Custom Design as our eyes. Wanna know more about us, check: Design Algarve

• Wow! I really liked your website ...

Is it only you used the Gantry framework?

Excellent work, greetings!

• Yes everything we make is custom made. But becousa we understand the Gantry and Joomla mechanics we can make this kind of sites.

But as you can imagine they take us so much time :)

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds