0 items Join Now

Wedding DJ - Osmosis

• Dean2
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Wedding DJ - Osmosis

Posted 9 years 9 months ago
    • Site Name: KC Sound
      URL/Link: www.kcsound.com/
      Theme: Osmosis - was a little tougher to work with than most of the rockettheme templates I've used - this was mostly centered around the larger screens and laptop / tablet screens. Client finally cleared that up for me, wanted it to look good on his laptop size 1368 ;)
      Extensions: roksprocket, rokbox - just silly not to use this extension - looks so awesome, rokcandy & widgetkit.

Would appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

Thanks
      Dean
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Re: Wedding DJ - Osmosis

• Personally, I would change hover color for the sidebar menu. I would use white hover color
    • The following users have thanked you: Dean2

• Check my services at: Mihha-Vision
    • Dean2
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Igor, thank you for the idea, I will see if I can get my client to go for it, I think your right, especially on a wedding site.
    • Matt Kyle
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • Great looking site. Couple of suggestions though:

1) On the Strips title on the home page, id recommned changing the title colour from the blue, its quite hard to see on the hands. However a better way around it would be to create a gradient on the background image, similar to those found in the demo, allowing the text to shine through alot more crisp and clear. It will also mean that on smartphones and tablets, the header background blends into main body background colour rather than stopping dead like it currently does.

2) Smartphone - If your client intends to have his site looking good on the smart phone, your "Top" widget with KC sound in it needs formating. On a smartphone the KC and Sound go on different lines and overlap slightly. I fixed this by creating a fixed-width div (set at 350). This keeps the KC and Sound on the same line across all device. Your logo also stays aligned to the left hand side on a smartphone and the smartphone menu overlaps it rather than centering the logo. The only fix I've currently found is to replace the logo.png in the theme contents folder and setting the logo style to "osmosis template". This will center the logo for you and look good across all sites.

If you want to see how it looks on a smartphone, simply resize the width of your browser window and watch the theme respond.

Any questions/help needed, let me know.

Thanks,
      Matt

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds