Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Update 2015 - Canvas and SVG (animated)

• Update 2015 - Canvas and SVG (animated)

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • Hi friends.

Took me many years to get to the point where I am today, today is the day where I gave up on browser compatibility.
      I was the type of person that optimized the projects for to ie8 and ie9, but not anymore.

Starting today, we are only developing for the latest versions of each browser (mobile and desktop).
      After taking this decision I decided to use all the possible tools that the browsers allow today, like animated svg, canvas and more tricks :)

This is so far the most ambitious project we made, it has custom VIDEOS made by us, custom design, custom icons and custom svg.
      The entire project is conversion based and there are a few neat sections inside the site that I suggest you check.

Please leave us your fully honest opinion it is always welcome. We have already re-touched the site 6 times to the point where our eyes cannot find more errors please help us. :)

Please check it here: j.mp/1yuhZQz
    • Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Ignácio Correia.
    • We are a web design and web development company, we use Joomla as our Heart, Gantry as the Brain and Custom Design as our eyes. Wanna know more about us, check: Design Algarve
  • Re: Update 2015 - Canvas and SVG (animated)

Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    • Wonderful Job Ignacio!

For some reason the video didn't finish for me but the quality of the video (while it was playing)was great!

Keep up the good work :-)

Peace,
      EJ
    • The following users have thanked you: Ignácio Correia

• Thank you very much. Will check the video?

Did you check this page: j.mp/1y8Q4qJ

:) What do you think? Does it work correcly?
    • We are a web design and web development company, we use Joomla as our Heart, Gantry as the Brain and Custom Design as our eyes. Wanna know more about us, check: Design Algarve

• No more coments? Really?

Is this forum is dying slowly :( ?
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

Re: Update 2015 - Canvas and SVG (animated)

• Just some quick feedback after taking a look at it. I liked the top of the design. It looked really nice, and the animation wasn't overly distracting. Then, I scrolled down.

I run OS X which puts a dock in the bottom of the screen, limiting vertical height. I noticed that when I scrolled down enough so the entire hospitality display was in view it kept snapping me back to the top of the section, causing a chunk of that space to cut off.

Then, when I clicked on the tabs expecting to see the content that comes with that tab, a video would pop up. I just wanted to see the tabbed content. It seemed a bit distracting.

Every minute or so, a "Questions?" box pops up and covers the page. I close it, and it pops right back up. This, too, seemed to detract from the experience.

The design itself is nice. A little less vertical height on the sections, and the ability to interact with the tabs on the hospitality block would have made it that much better. Maybe even avoiding forcing a jump to the top of each section as you scroll. Some people want to scroll between sections, and that's just how they roll.

Hope this feedback helps. Thank you for sharing. This is a really nice design with tons of potential.

• Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA

• That is what I am talking about.
      We get so overwelming with the sites that we don't see some simple yet important mistaques.
      Correcting them. Thanks for the detailed report is the only way to improve.

PS: I knew this forum woldn't let me down hehehe
    • Vytautas
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• really like the interaction between "back to slideshow" and "Watch Video" Good usage.

Excellent job
    • metadojo
    • Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • Very daring art direction and a really nice understated but skillful integration.

Thanks for sharing. Be sure to post more of your work!

Posted 8 years 10 months ago

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds