Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Increase height of text boxes Interstellar template

• mihnea

SOLVED Increase height of text boxes Interstellar template

Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    • Hi,
      Can you tell me please how to increase the height of certain text boxes on different pages? When I type in some text boxes the text is not visible because there are to thin. I use interstellar template. I use Safari browser. On Chrome the text it is visible.

Regards,
      Mihnea
    • Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by mihnea.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Increase height of text boxes Interstellar template

• Is that a 3rd party plugin? I'd recommend contacting them to see if they can help with the styling... you can post a link to the page and we'll take a look at the code, but styling 3rd party components is beyond the scope of support here
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • mihnea

• Hi Matt,

Thank you for your support, but I can observe that components producers and template producers blame each other and customers stays with the issues. This is what people from 3'rd party component replied to me regarding to this issue:
      "Please contact your template support because the CSS code needs to be amended to the template CSS."

So, how can I resolve that issue? What do I have to say to the component producer to solve that issue?

Regards,
      Mihnea
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Yeah, I'm certainly not trying to blame their plugin or anything... and ultimately it comes down to what sort of support they want to provide... If it's a paid plugin I would hope that they would provide some level support other than a canned "it's your template" response... I would ask them if they only expect their customers to use the Protostar or Beez3 Joomla templates... if they really expect that those would be the only templates ever used with their plugin.

I would ask them what CSS specifically they see as conflicting... at the very least, could they give us some code to look at?

I would tell them it's working perfectly fine in Chrome (if it in fact is) and it's only an issue in Safari... I would tell them that all your other input fields look beautiful and it's only their plugin's input fields that are malformed.

If you can at least get the offending code from them we will try and help... just please understand that ALL we would do on these forums is custom style 3rd party plugins if we started opening ourselves up to that... and that's really site integration work that a developer needs to do or the plugin provider needs to support when the plugin is complex and has competing styles.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • mihnea

• Hi Matt,

I just send them an message with your questions transcripted as it was my questions. You can see what I wrote bellow:
      "Hi I contact template support and after a discussion with them I have the following conclusions:
      1. What CSS specifically do you see as conflicting... at the very least, could you give me some code to look at?
      2. All my other input fields look beautiful and it's only your plugin's input fields that are malformed.
      3. Do you only expect to use the Protostar or Beez3 Joomla templates or Yootheme? I don't want to use one of these templates. Period.
      4. As it is a paid plugin I would hope that you would provide some level of support other than a canned "it's your template" response.

So, how can we solve this issue, other that blaming others? I paid for that plugin and it is suposed to run on joomla templates and if there are errors, your component does not fit with other templates, to solve it."

Wait to see what they will reply.

Regards,
      Mihnea
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Sounds good. We'll stand by. If they give you a solution, great, otherwise post whatever information they do provide along with a link to the page.
    • mihnea

• Hi Matt,

They give me a solution and told me this:

"Joomla 3 ships with Bootstrap v2.3 but many of the template designers develop their templates using Bootstrap v3.x and there is no backward compatibility between the two releases. However, some of the template designers include a setting called “Legacy” to solve most but not all of the CSS conflicts."

They give me a link where to download bootstrap css files and have to do following steps:
      Extract the zip file to <root>/templates/YOUR_TEMPALTE/css/jui. You many need to create the folder jui if not present.
      Refresh the frontpage to see the conflicts are solved.
      And the conflicts are solved.

I observed another issue nou with the menu on tablets. I attached you a file to see. How can be solved this issue. It is an issue regarding the template menu not the component. On the tablets it is possible that the submenus to be opened to the left, inside the screen instead of the right?

Regards,
      Mihnea
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• If your issue with the form styling is now resolved please open up a new thread for your Menu dropdown issue so we can keep everything tidy and easier to search/useful for other members.

If a thread is solved please edit your *original/first* post and place "[SOLVED]" (no quotes; but you do need the brackets) at the beginning of your post title. Changing the post icon to the Solved Checkmark is helpful too. :)

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds