Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Crulse Fit - Phoenix

• Crulse Fit - Phoenix

Posted 2 years 8 months ago
    • www.crulse.com/

It is a fitness/wellness site. Nothing special yet, just the basics right now. Will spice it up with video and content as I go along. Trying to keep it as simple as possible. Avoided using anything but Joomla and Rocket Theme straight out of the box.

What I am looking for is input if it flows and if there is any blatant errors I am not aware of.

Thanks,
      William
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Crulse Fit - Phoenix

• Good work - nice site.

Just a couple of comments:

1. Use W3C validator on all your pages and make sure that you fix any red errors http://validator.w3.org/ .

2. I wouldn't show your "blog" page until you actually have something on it.

3. For the "contact" page - make sure you enable recaptcha or you're going to get spammed.

4. The pagination buttons are hard to read using grey text so I change that to white.

5. If you haven't already - install a security product to protect your site (e.g. Akeeba admin tools pro or rsfirewall).

6. Look in the browser console - You're getting a JS error from "I-agree-checkbox" - you need to fix that.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Crulse Fit - Phoenix

• Thanks! I apprieciate the tips and suggestions! Feedback was great.
      I got the I agree java from one of your perk sites - www.termsfeed.com/i-agree-checkbox/
      I'll have to check that again.

Security has been a major concernt. Already had spam hack bot all over the site from anonymousfox trying to find an opening.
      Posting articles next week. So will turn it off till then. And yeah, spaming contact I forgot about. Yeah, that grey text on buttons look horrible. Nice catch.

Going to check off all your input today and fix it to my best ability. I want to hire someone at end of next month to over see website. I'll hack my way through till then.

Thanks again!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You'll need to follow up the JS issue with the developer of that script. The "perks" page only shows loose affilations with vendors who are prepared to offer RT members discounts - nothing more than that.

Glad I could help with the other feedback :)

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Crulse Fit - Phoenix

• Thanks, I installed akeeba. Wow, that was a great thing. Site also runs faster. I'm slowly going over setting everything up. Thanks for the tip.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You're very welcome. :)

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds