Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Member Sites by Template

• Re: Member Sites by Template

Posted 14 years 8 months ago
    • Site Name: Signature Memorabilia
      URL/Link: www.signature-memorabilia.com
      Concept: This is your destination for investment grade Autographs, Historical Manuscripts, Documents and Memorabilia.
      Extensions: SectionEx, Virtuemart, XMap, JCE, AllVideos
      Category: General Entertainment
      Template: Mynxx

Posted 14 years 7 months ago
    • Site Name: E3 GreenHOMES
      URL/Link: www.e3greenhomes.com
      Concept: Promoting ‘Green’ Practices in Real Estate
      Extensions: JCE Editor, RSForm Pro, Simple RSS Feed Reader, RokBox, Xmap, Tweetboard, Follow Me, JoomlaPack, MooFAQ, RokCandy, RokWeather, RokTabs, RokStock, RokSlideshow, and more…
      Category: Business, Finance and Real Estate
      Template: Solar Sentinel

This website is intended to be a resource and lead generator for all types of real estate buyers, sellers and investors with a focus on environmentally responsible green practices. Special attention was given to the property search solution (iHomeFinder) which includes an idx map search function along with the ability to display groupings of different types of listed properties.

My next step is to include a blog…not totally set on how to do that (recommendations anyone?) but will probably try Super Blogger. I downloaded K2 but without any user instructions I didn’t really know what to do with it.

I am also trying to figure out how to integrate articles more dynamically and make better use of the news modules. I see many sites with a rich display of articles and I’d like to achieve something like that.

And of course, I’m desperately in need of SEO to get the site in front of the target audience—home buyers, sellers and investors. I am just beginning to chip away on that. Seems like an endless task.

I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback good, bad, or in between with regard to look, feel, usability, content, etc.

I am a complete rookie at this or at least I was when I started. I have a lot to learn and I look forward receiving comments from other members.

Cheers to all,

John Thomas

• Hello John!. Great job, it looks very nice. Only comment (and this is a very personal apreciation) you can change the menu variation from rounded corners to a more square one. Everything else on the site is squared, and the menus with rounded corners are not matching.

Else, behind the logo, use some leaves or forest or grass image, something fresh with lots of green and some blue sky showing on one corner or the other, that will make the site just explode on desing without doing a lot of things.

ELSE if you feel a little wilder, you can burn the logo on a set of images, at the same position, elimitate the logo on the template admin and in the logo module insert a slider with that set of images to rotate and make the header more animated and interactive.

You can see an example of what i´m describing here:

www.corporaciondeingenieros.com/

There i´m using this module: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-...images-rotators/6629

Well you sayd you wanted some feedback. I liked the site a lot. And the twitter thing makes it a lot alive.

• Hi Luis...thank you for the comments. You've made some very good suggestions. I really like the module you are using--very nice. Looks really classy. Your site looks really good too. I think the module could spice up my site quite a bit.

I am unable to do too much with the logo--don't have the right tools. I am told i need fireworks and it cost $300 or so with is well outside my budget right now.

i like the suggestion about using square corners on the menu but I am not sure how to do it. I'll have to experiment a little. The menu administrator panel is a little intimidating--i am uncertain wha the changes actually do. I am sure there is a button or something simple to click that will make the menu have square corners instead of round ones.

Thanks again for the great feedback.

Cheers,

john

• Ok John. To honor some of the help i have received here at this forum, let me help you with this. Í´ll need super administrator access and your logo in ilustrator or corel. Allow me a week and you will notice the diference.

Another thing: your site some times crashes at startup. It seems to be the tweetie module, the one is popping out the left side. Maybe too much JS and motools or something. Remember my words of wisdom (wich are stolen from www.entrepreneur.com ):

"People used to say "Wao, look how great it looks and how animations it haves!" to describe a great site. Actualy the concept changed to "Woa, look how fast it loaded!". Sometimes less is more.

Every time your site crashes there is a client not interested anymore, so fix that asap.

The site i showed you is a friend´s site. My site is www.saludpanama.com/ and that is my way of living so, hackers, please give me a break here, i´m trying to pay for my frijoles!. Check the welcome screen, loads fast, and it´s still atractive.

Well now you know, i offer you the dinamic header, i believe the module is free to use so if it is i´ll install it for you. Contact my on the private msg of this forum.

Luis

• Chelohi
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: Member Sites by Template

• Site Name: Chelohi
      URL/Link: www.chelohi.com
      Concept: Living naturally in north Texas
      Extensions: Just those in the template
      Category: education
      Template: Hyperion
    • rw media
    • Web Developer, Designer, Video Extraordinaire

Re: Member Sites by Template

• Site Name: The James Allen Show
      URL/Link: www.jamesallenshow.com/
      Concept: This is for the James Allen Show. The James Allen Show is a political show on 960AM 1360 kknt.
      Extensions: Front Page Slide Show, SuperBlogger, Projoom Banner,
      Category: Music, Broadcasts and Radio
      Template: Solar-Sentinel
    • rwmd.net
      "The unexamined life is not worth living." -- Socrates

• Site Name: VIPSTAR.TV
      URL/Link: www.vipstar.tv
      Concept: Make your website come alive with authentic, behind-the-scenes and professionally-produced video. Increase premium video ad inventory and reach users anywhere - on your website, the social web and mobile phones. Engage online and mobile audiences more deeply and in multiple ways including multimedia chat, moderated user-generated content campaigns and social sharing. Converge your online and mobile presence into a single cross-platform community and distribute live or on-demand content.
      Extensions: Live Streaming, Front Page Slide Show
      Category: Music, Broadcasts and Radio
      Template: Replicant

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds