Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Blog on Extremities2 Red

• gocchin
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Blog on Extremities2 Red

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • Moved my blog from blogtopia to the Red Extremities2... quite a change but I love the template... still tweaking. Thanks for the great templates. Any feedback is much appreciated!

www.jpop.com/overclock

;D
    • Whoey
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Blog on Extremities2 Red

• lol... the player nearly gave me a heart attack... speakers were on, and were turned up loud...
    • I'm an Individual, just like everyone else...
    • gocchin
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Micah Johnson wrote:
      lol... the player nearly gave me a heart attack... speakers were on, and were turned up loud...

Perhaps I should turn off the autoplay and let it be user started. ;D
  • Re: Blog on Extremities2 Red

• where did you get that player?
    • gocchin
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Whoey
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I'm trying to build a component to work with that very player, (so the user can create a playlist easily) and create some sort of module popup so that the player doesn't restart on each page change... you seem to have put it in a separate frame above the joomla site, which is a rather nice idea imho. I'd like the full player tho... and somehow a 170px frame above the site would ruin it...
    • gocchin
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Micah Johnson wrote:
      I'm trying to build a component to work with that very player, (so the user can create a playlist easily) and create some sort of module popup so that the player doesn't restart on each page change... you seem to have put it in a separate frame above the joomla site, which is a rather nice idea imho. I'd like the full player tho... and somehow a 170px frame above the site would ruin it...

Please share if you do :) ... I also liked the idea of a floating player using the playlist. It's a nice little player and really I got it implemented really quickly (though it's offline now cause my server is not functioning properly) with hopes of improving it's use down the road. ;D
    • Whoey
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Will do, unfortunately I seem to be at a roadblock as far as moving forward goes. Noone seems to know how to get a single component to open alone in a new window. (perhaps I need to write some sort of module?) I'm no PHP expert, but I can find my way around pretty well... I based my component off the existing "mp3player component" by replacing the existing flash player with the musicplayer.sf.net one. It was only really a question of changing some settings, and including the other swf.

I'd like the mosimage interface and mediamanager/joomlaexplorer to help when adding the files/images to the playlist. (ATM it all works off manual inputboxes...)
    • Whoey
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• gocchin
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Micah Johnson wrote:
      just after i posted that I found out that the guy doing Josplayer finally put out his component... it's a lot better than mine...

forge.joomla.org/sf/sfmain/do/viewProject/projects.josplayer

That is a nice component.. how does one make it pop up though? If I implement that module if people navigate away from the page it's on they lose the music or it starts over...

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds