Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Meridian - Completely Integrated With SmugMug

• Scott B.
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Web Developer, UI Developer

Meridian - Completely Integrated With SmugMug

Posted 14 years 8 months ago
    • Been awhile since I posted any of the sites I've developed on the RocketTheme platform. I have done plenty since the Replicant College of Nursing Site ; but just haven't had time to post them here.

This one I thought was unique enough to post because of how I integrated it with SmugMug. Many photography enthusiasts are familiar with SmugMug and the image hosting/e-commerce services they provide.

If you sign up for their yearly Pro subscription, you can completely customize how your SmugMug gallery looks. Many Pro SmugMug members simply try to hack the SmugMug web interface into something it's not--a content management system. And most come out looking like carbon copies of other SmugMug sites.

I took a different approach. I wanted to use Joomla to manage my content and let SmugMug does what it's designed to do. So I installed Joomla, the Meridian RocketTheme and began to rip it a part, line by line to start retrofitting it into the SmugMug interface.

I didn't do too much design-wise to the Meridian theme as it looks extremely good out of the box. The major accomplishment was taking the design and attempting to create a seamless transition to SmugMug.

I think it turned out pretty damn good :cheesy: What do you guys think? The Photo Galleries link will take you to the SmugMug area.

Website URL: www.scottfreephotography.com

Additional Extensions (Components, Modules, Plug ins): Out of the box RocketLauncher Median theme.

Custom Development: Integrated completely with SmugMug.

Other Features: Users can browse photos and purchase custom items using the SmugMug interface.

Additional Comments: I was tired of parents grabbing my photos and using other places to purchase prints. So, I decided to create my own site where they could do everything in one place.

Thanks for looking,
      Scott
    • ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶
    • Advyon
    • Rocketeer

Re: Meridian - Completely Integrated With SmugMug

• That's pretty hot, I've got a buddy who was looking for a similar solution like this one. Very Nice integration +++
    • GWC
    • Rocketeer

• Great looking site... I have used the SmugMug code in my site for the flash gallery and badge, they work great using a custom mod. Wondering if you using wrappers for your gallery?
    • Scott B.
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Web Developer, UI Developer

• Thanks! I actually had to adjust the code directly in SmugMug. They give you a list of classes you can overwrite, so, I've went through the Meridian code and added everything directly to the SmugMug CSS. It was tedious; but, worth it in the end.
    • ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶
    • neuclix
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    • Hi Scott - I know this is an old thread and I see the site referenced has changed. Do you have this funcionality on a backup site or done this on another site? I'm trying to get something to work with Smugmug and ran across your post.

Thanks!
    • Thanks in advance,
      Steve Hodges

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds