Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Feature Request: RokQuickLinks Addition

• Feature Request: RokQuickLinks Addition

Posted 12 years 11 months ago
    • Over the years, one thing I've noticed is that one of the most used sections in any Joomla project I've ever done tends to get the short shrift: Module Manager.

When I turn over a site to a client to manage on their own, I don't want them using the Cpanel icons (or the Quicklinks in MC) and going into the Config, Templates, or elsewhere to mess things up. Most of them are not tech-savvy but can get by fairly well thanks to the power of Joomla and my training skills.

Typically, what they need in nearly every project to get along fine is Add New Article, Article Manager, Module Manager, Media Manager, and Akeeba Backup (just in case they need to do one manually).

Please add Module Manager as a default in future versions of MC.

Also, I'd like to be able to get rid of or change the introductory portion under Site Dashboard that says "MissionControl is a brand-new take on the Joomla Administrator template." Clients don't need to know that so I could likely put some other info in there for them. Like explaining the diff between a right click and a left click. :P

Thanks for listening to my jibberjabber and thanks for the best admin template ever.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Feature Request: RokQuickLinks Addition

Posted 12 years 11 months ago
    • You can change the MC links to point to whatever you like. When you deploy this for a client, you can just put those links in that you personally like.

Same goes for that introductory text, just set that in the MC config options to whatever you want it to say.

Don't forget this is not specifically for 'clients' it's for all Joomla users with all degrees of skills and capabilities. You are of course free to customize it for your personal needs.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds