Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

mission control not working with ohanah component

• mission control not working with ohanah component

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • Hi there,

I've got mission control looking very nice on Joomla 1.6.4. I have the ohanah component installed and the toolbar fails to appear on any of its administration pages.

If I blacklist it, it still appears in the mission control theme with the toolbar missing (blacklisting works fine for the other applications).

So - as I can't blacklist it and can't access its options I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?
    • Cheers,
      Paul Whipp
      Do more business with your website
      Joomla, PHP and MySQL web application developer
  • Re: mission control not working with ohanah component

• Hi there

I am having similar issues. To tell the truth I'm not entirely sure if ohanah caused the problem, but it cropped up around the same time I installed the component.

I know there are skin problems with these two components working together, so to configure ohanah I switched to the default admin template. When I switched back a day or two later I noticed something strange in the back end.

Firstly some styling issues had cropped up. It seems that there is something wrong with the colors.css.php file, since a lot of the backgrounds and text colors and images aren't picking up. When I use a code inspector the properties seem to be there, but the values are missing.

There were also some functionality issues. When I unpublished elements they seemed to still be active in the fornt end.

The whole system seemed to be freaking out a bit, so I reverted to an older version. That sorted out the functionality issues, but my backend styling is still screwy.

Like I said I'm not convinced it was ohanah that did it, since the version I reverted to was one where the component was already installed. Some of my automatic server backups seems to be corrupted as well, so I could very easily be a problem on their side.

If you will allow it I can pm you some login details for you to check it out. I'd appreciate any assistance you can give me.
      Deon Kretzschmar

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: mission control not working with ohanah component

• Paul F Whipp wrote:
      Hi there,

I've got mission control looking very nice on Joomla 1.6.4. I have the ohanah component installed and the toolbar fails to appear on any of its administration pages.

If I blacklist it, it still appears in the mission control theme with the toolbar missing (blacklisting works fine for the other applications).

So - as I can't blacklist it and can't access its options I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?

Toolbar should be working with 1.6.3 version of MC, however there are still some CSS bugs. Blacklist is probably the best option for now.

Posted 12 years 8 months ago
    • I've done a fresh install of both mission control 1.6.3 and ohanah 1.0.11 on a fresh joomla. The ohanah display does not display when the mission control template is selected.

Looking at the code, the _initToolbar method checks for the definition of the KToolbarAbstract class to look for a koowa toolbar, however this class is not defined so the template fails to find a toolbar for the ohanah component.

Swapping the KToolbarAbstract test (which seems a little arbitrary) for the equally arbitrary but effective test for ComDefaultControllerToolbarDefault gets me a tantalising little list of plain grey buttons with no graphics or content - the right number of buttons though and one or two of them (like new event).

I wish I could just blacklist this but my client wants their client to only see the (very nice) mission control template on the administration back end.
    • Cheers,
      Paul Whipp

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Hmm.. i worked with a nook dev on resolving this too! Seems that something changed in Nooku core that has caused this issue. I'll add it to the list of things to look at.
    • golfpark
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 3 weeks ago
    • Hi there,

i like mission control as well as the ohanah plugin, something news about the possibilties to work together?

Best regards and thank you for your work
    • danglen

Posted 12 years 2 weeks ago
    • Same here,

I'm using Joomla 2.5.3 with Reflex template and Mission Control 2.4 and ohanah 1.0.19

Using the MC template when I go in to the ohanah admin component I can see everything and all looks styled correctly...except that I cannot see the New, Save, Edit and Close buttons on at the top right hand side.

Is there a way of hard coding the buttons in there?

My clients wants to use the MC template for it as well and currently they cannot edit or save the events.

Thanks
      Dan

• There are some pretty deep coding issues involved here in getting MC to 'play nice' with extensions (and vice versa). It would not be unfair to point the finger at Joomla for not standardising on administration presentation too.

Unless ohanah/MC is fixed explicitly (MC has the hooks for this) I would not expect a solution to emerge by itself any time soon.

Personally, I've had to abandon MC FTTB.
    • Cheers,
      Paul Whipp
    • danglen

• Thanks Paul

I think I'm going to have to find another admin template for now.

I got an email from Ohanah and they said that both version 1 and 2 of their component does not support MC and they are not going to fix it unless there is a big demand for it to work.

They made the admin part special and not in standard joomla way and this collide with mission control. And to put ohanah in exclusion list in mission control.

Can anyone recomend a good Event component that uses Google maps to display events like Ohanah?

I would prefer to get another Event component than change the admin template.

Thanks
      Dan

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds