Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Managing the jos_rokuserstats table

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Managing the jos_rokuserstats table

Posted 12 years 2 months ago
    • Are you on the Joomla 1.5 or the 1.7/2.5 release? I put in some extra checks in the 1.7/2.5 version that should definitely be clearing this table out.
    • Krx
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hi Andy

Sorry, I was rude to report issue and not introducing my system 1st: It's run on Joomla 1.7.5, MC Version 2.3

I tried to fiddle with RokUserStats settings and when I lowered days to track it actually cleared some table entries, but it also left big table overhead.

Is it possible that your "extra checks" regulate overhead too or we need to do it manually or via some other database tool?

Thanks for quick reply :cheesy:

Regards
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• The thing to look at is how far back your entries are going in the userstats table. If they are going 'way' back, far beyond the amount of days you have configured, then something is wrong. However, it could be that you are just getting a lot of traffic and that table is being kept 'clean' with the correct number of days activity.

The extra checks to clear out the data occur when you visit the admin site, and should not add any overhead to speak of.
    • tazzarkin
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 11 years 11 months ago
    • I gave up on RokUserStats. It causes the web site database to grow so quickly and it doesn't seem to clean itself out. Also, it's not supposed to add overhead, but we can visibly see a lag every time this is enabled. (When you visibly can see the difference, then something is not right).

I love RocketTheme and the MissionControl template, and I like RokUserStats too. However, it just seems to be not quite fine-tuned yet. I noticed the last post was in February (around the time we installed it). Have there been any changes over the last few months that improved the RokUserStas and AdminStats performance?
    • nemmar
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 11 years 10 months ago
    • tazzarkin wrote:
      I gave up on RokUserStats. It causes the web site database to grow so quickly and it doesn't seem to clean itself out. Also, it's not supposed to add overhead, but we can visibly see a lag every time this is enabled. (When you visibly can see the difference, then something is not right).

Thank you for posting this! I couldn't figure out why my RokUserStats table in the database was so big even with the expiration time on the stats set to only 14 days. But what was far worse was how slow my site was with this extension enabled!! I had this extension enabled but never really needed it. I wish I had known long ago that this extension slows down the pages so much. When I disabled it my site pages display twice as fast.
    • NOTE to forum mods: Right-Click is disabled on my site but source code is visible. Unfortunately, I have some images on my site that are licensed and the agreement is that right-click be disabled. I use the F12 key for Firebug instead of right-click. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds