Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Possible conflict w/ Akeeba

• Possible conflict w/ Akeeba

Posted 12 years 6 months ago
    • I just installed Akeeba and instantly Mission Control began to misbehave. First there's the issue described here:

www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=42...35988&rb_v=viewtopic

But that is very minor compared to the other problems. Here's the complete run down so far:

1. I installed Akeeba
      2. While running the configuration wizard Akeeba popped up an error saying the JQuery library didn't load, and asked me to change the permissions of some of Akeeba's files to at least 644.
      3. After changing the permissions I reloaded the page and the header and menu absolutely blew up. All of the menu items turned into a standard unordered list with a weird black background.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

4. After cleaning out the browsers cache and a refresh thing returned to normal.
      5. Ran Akeeba's Configuration Wizard again, this time no error.
      6. Went to run the backup and noticed the above described UI dirtyness.
      7. Went back to the Akeeba Control Panel and the entire MI Header turns white!

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

8. When I click on menu links in MI it appends a weird characters to the URL, like "/PifmK/" or "/YWbjZ/" resulting in a 404 error.

Now the weird black background with unordered list or weird white background with broken links are a common recurring situation in my backend.

URL:
      countyinsight.com/

Core:
      Joomla 1.6.5

Themes:
      Mission Control 1.6.3
      RT Syndicate 1.6

Extensions:
      Akeeba Backup Core 3.3.3
      All Standard Syndicate plugins/modules/etc.

I as of yet haven't figured out a solution, but if I do I'll post it back here. So heads up, the issues between Akeeba & Mission Control may run a little deeper than it seems, and my guess is it has something to do with the JQuery library Akeeba is loading. Like I said, just a guess.
    • Last Edit: 11 years 2 months ago by caseyprinting.
  • Re: Possible conflict w/ Akeeba

Posted 11 years 2 months ago
    • This doesn't seem to be an issue anymore with the latest Mission Control.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds