Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Site gone after attempted MissionControl update

• Site gone after attempted MissionControl update

Posted 12 years 5 months ago
    • I just tried to update my MissionControl to 2.1 and I have lost my entire site. All I see is a blank white page when navigating to my front end or back end. Help! Using joomla 1.7.

www.bethlehemchurch.us
  • Re: Site gone after attempted MissionControl update

• After further examination, all of my files have been corrupted. Every file on my webhost shows a 0 file size. All I did was press the update button for mission control.

• Restored my site and tried the update again with same results. All joomla files showing 0 as file size. Here are the errors I received when updating the template:

Warning: substr() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home2/bethlehe/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/helper.php on line 60

Warning: substr() expects parameter 1 to be string, resource given in /home2/bethlehe/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/helper.php on line 60

Fatal error: Call to a member function load() on a non-object in /home2/bethlehe/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/file.php on line 204

I restored again and just uploaded the complete template instead of using the update module and all is well. Thanks.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Site gone after attempted MissionControl update

• Well that's odd. Basically it seems to indicate that something doesn't like the joomla updater on your server. All we do is use the built in joomla update with MC 2. It just points to the same installable zip file that anyone uses. The installer, just grabs the file and installs it. Are you able to use the auto-updater for anything else? eg Joomla itself? like going from Joomla 1.7.2 to 1.7.3?

• Thanks for the reply Andy. Yes, I used the updater to apply 1.7.3 as well as other patches. I only had problems with the mission control update. Literally all of my joomla files were still visible but were 0 bytes in size. I contacted my web host (Westhost) and they advised my to restore from backup. Once I restored I used the installer to upload the complete template and it worked fine. So all is good. Thanks.
    • Sluf

Posted 12 years 4 months ago
    • I can confirm this just happened to me. The Mission Control update was the only update showing in the Joomla Extensions Update menu... I selected and attempted the update and received the same errors as above. My file sizes were all zeros as well.

My other updates I ran this morning worked fine.

Barry
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Posted 12 years 4 months ago
    • Not sure what we can do here. We are just using the Joomla installer. All it does it point to the missioncontrol zip file. If there's a bug when installing, it's a bug in the joomla installer itself for your particular setup. I suggest downloading the latest and just installing from the extensions manager in future.
    • Eric Darling
    • Rocketeer
    • Video/Web Producer

Posted 11 years 11 months ago
    • Happened to me too... Something's terribly wrong with the update, since I just used the update tool for updates to JCE, Gantry and Joomla itself. It's otherwise perfectly functional in my Joomla site. Please fix this! 0 byte files all over my site.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds