Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Can't login to admin, can't see website

• MC
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Can't login to admin, can't see website

Posted 12 years 2 months ago
    • @Shealy That makes sense. Would love to see my admin, any admin. No luck yet. :( Thanks for dropping by.
    • MC
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Okay. Decided I couldn't wait to find a solution. Went into Akeeba to access the last known backup, and the file has a zero size. I know it was good, because I have two copies on my home computer. Started looking around. 90% of files have a zero size.

That probably explains why nothing on the website is showing, because there is nothing to show. Don't know what happened. Don't think anyone will have a solution. Can't afford to wait to be told that it's a lost cause.

So it's a re-build. Lost a bit more than I first thought, but thankfully I can access the tables, and I'll be able to recover most of it without too much grief.

The error log says:
      [05-Feb-2012 01:29:17] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function load() on a non-object in /home/pcgorgau/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/file.php on line 220
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Perhaps your out of space on your hosting provider so files are not being created properly?
    • MC
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• By "out of space" do you mean storage? We are using less than 5% of our 25GB. Don't know what went wrong, and it doesn't matter too much now. I exported the content table using phpMyAdmin, and after re-installing the site, I imported the content table. I then carefully updated JCore (to 1.7.5) and components, one at a time, and arrived unscathed. Mostly...

The last major updated was JCore. Went from 1.7.5 to 2.5.1. Fixed the table errors. All good, except that now I can't edit the templates. As you can see from the pic, the template is selected, but when you select EDIT the popup says that nothing has been selected. It doesn't seem to be a MC issue, because it doesn't matter which admin template is active.

Any ideas on how to fix it. About to update Gantry.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Last Edit: 12 years 2 months ago by MC.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Does it work if yo click the hyperlinked name of the template?
  • Re: SOLVED Can't login to admin, can't see website

• MC wrote:
      By "out of space" do you mean storage? We are using less than 5% of our 25GB. Don't know what went wrong, and it doesn't matter too much now. I exported the content table using phpMyAdmin, and after re-installing the site, I imported the content table. I then carefully updated JCore (to 1.7.5) and components, one at a time, and arrived unscathed. Mostly...

The last major updated was JCore. Went from 1.7.5 to 2.5.1. Fixed the table errors. All good, except that now I can't edit the templates. As you can see from the pic, the template is selected, but when you select EDIT the popup says that nothing has been selected. It doesn't seem to be a MC issue, because it doesn't matter which admin template is active.

Any ideas on how to fix it. About to update Gantry.

If you haven't logged in since the upgrade, logout and log back in.

Also, clear browser cache / Joomla Cache. That worked for me when I selected something but the popup said I hadn't.
    • www.jointplan.co.uk - Small Business Website Design
    • MC
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• @Andy: Hyperlinks work okay; buttons no.
      @Jason: thanks for the suggestions. Didn't work for me.

UPDATE: This problem seems to have solved "itself". Which I suspect probably means that Jason's suggestion of clearing the Joomla cache was the solution, and that I didn't do it when I thought I had done it. Will now go looking for the instructions to do this so that I don't have this drama next time. Thanks for your help.
  • Re: SOLVED Can't login to admin, can't see website

Posted 11 years 10 months ago
    • I've experienced the same problem after trying to update RokSprockets using the "Update" functionality (the FTP Layer is on in my Configuration).

Got this error right after clicking "Update":

Warning: substr() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/isleofec/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/helper.php on line 61

Warning: substr() expects parameter 1 to be string, resource given in /home/isleofec/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/helper.php on line 61

Fatal error: Class 'JRouter' not found in /home/isleofec/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/application.php on line 880

Now all I get in the front-end/back-end is a blank white screen: isleofeco.gr . If I login in the ftp account, all the files are 0-bytes!!

This is very frustrating... Any help?
    • CeeGee

Posted 11 years 10 months ago
    • I am having this same issue and have also tried the php fix. The logon did change but the same error pops up after I attempt a logon:

Fatal error: Call to a member function login() on a non-object in /home/<folder>/<website>/administrator/components/com_login/admin.login.php on line 64.

have no clue as what to do next...
    • Quake
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 11 years 9 months ago
    • I'm having the exact same problem :/

I installed MissionControl and then wanted to go back to old template. I put old template as default, went to plugin to disable MissionControl and since then I'm not able to login...

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JToolBar::setToolBar() in /home/poweredb/public_html/dominion/administrator/templates/rt_missioncontrol/lib/rtcore.class.php on line 245

SOLVED
      I had to go to PhpMyAdmin, under extension and enable again MissionControl. Also under template_styles set MissionControl to home. Then went to Administrator, choose Bluestork as default, go to Extension Manager and disable/uninstall rt_missioncontrol template. Hope it will help someone with this problem

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds