Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Request Core Joomla Function: Custom Site Name

• Lera

Request Core Joomla Function: Custom Site Name

Posted 11 years 10 months ago
    • I love this Mission Control template! Thank you, Rockettheme folks, for making it and giving it away.

But after using it for a few weeks, I had to return to the regular Joomla admin template and I've really noticed a difference in quality. I miss MC! I had to return to the original admin template because MC doesn't show a necessary option for me: it's missing the Custom Site Name option.

In a multilingual site with Joomla 2.5 (started in 1.7.3), a custom site name can be assigned to each content language. To assign that name, you go to Language Manager > Content tab and on the right side, under MetaData options, is the option to assign a custom site name to the language.

I spent nearly 20 minutes racking my brain and thinking I was crazy/stupid because I couldn't find this option that i knew existed. The problem was the MC template. When I restored the "Bluestork" template, the option appeared right where it should be. :(

If anyone knows where i can find this option inside Mission Control, I would love to hear about it. I really want to use MC.

Cheers,
      Lera
    • Last Edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Lera.
  • Re: Request Core Joomla Function: Custom Site Name

• Lera

Re: Request Core Joomla Function: Custom Site Name

• Hi Nanci,

Ya, as you probably guessed, the benefit of the custom site name is that it will change according to language when you have a multilingual site rather than staying static. Kind of cool trick!

Cheers,
      Lera

• Lera

• Hmm, could I just edit the title? That way all of this discussion is visible to the makers.

However, I'm not sure this could really be called a feature request. It's broken thing. Joomla allows custom site names assigned per language, and the option shows up (since Joomla 1.7.3) on the Language>Content tab if I use the default admin template.

The broken part is that if I use MC, the regular, included option stops appearing. MC actually takes away an option already given in Joomla.

So I'm not sure if this is a "request" or really a notification that something is broken (which is what I was trying to do). But I'll re-label this if you think I should.

• Lera

• It's good advice, thanks!

Posted 11 years 9 months ago
    • Also, in Joomla 2.5 there is an option in the language manager to set the access level for content languages. This option is not available when using mission control

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds