Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Remove Buttons / Customize Template

• Remove Buttons / Customize Template

Posted 11 years 4 months ago
    • Hi,

I would like to remove a couple buttons from the template, to be exact i want to remove the Edit button that leads to the user profile and i want to remove the "customize" quick links button.

What files should i edit to remove those buttons?

Tks in advance,
      Paulo
  • Re: Remove Buttons / Customize Template

Posted 11 years 2 months ago
    • PauloFaustino wrote:
      Hi,

I would like to remove a couple buttons from the template, to be exact i want to remove the Edit button that leads to the user profile and i want to remove the "customize" quick links button.

What files should i edit to remove those buttons?

Tks in advance,
      Paulo

Hello,
      I like to know the exact same thing, sinds the template was ment to use by eq. a costumer. In this case a button like "edit profile" is unwanted. It is best if the template is not to be changed when in use for costumer? i think.

So, how can we remove the "edit" profile button?
      manny thangs inadvance.
  • Re: Remove Buttons / Customize Template

Posted 11 years 2 months ago
    • Guys, it's so simple. (This will only disable the Administrator Profile)

Open this file /administrator/components/com_admin/views/profile/tmpl/edit.php

and go to line number 51

echo JHtml::_('sliders.panel', JText::_($fieldset->label), $fieldset->name);

change to

//echo JHtml::_('sliders.panel', JText::_($fieldset->label), $fieldset->name);

// with two forward slash at the beginning of the above line will stop working that code.

This will not remove the button, but it will remove the options of change template, editor etc.
      (i prever to remove the button, if i only knew how?)

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds