Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Bootstrap 2, 3, or 4?

• Bootstrap 2, 3, or 4?

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • Greetings I have been doing additional training with Free Code Camp and have been introduced to Bootstrap I think 3. My question is can I incorporate Bootstrap into RocketTheme themes if so what version and is there any documentation provided from RocketTheme on what coding languages are uses and what version. I remember there was something like this when the new version of Gantry came out.

Thank you for your help it is a little overwhelming venturing out of what is comfortable for me and trying new methods.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Bootstrap 2, 3, or 4?

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • Gantry 5 themes?

Be overwhelmed no longer, a button is available! :)

Whichever Outline, or Base Outline > Page Settings > Atoms > Javascript Frameworks > Drag it to Active > Bootstrap = Enabled
      //I think it's Bootstrap 3... Maybe it's their CDN link?
      ////I couldn't tell! I assume the button works :blink:

Custom JS/CSS can be added at a per Outline level, or globally (Base Outline) here:

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/configure/page-settings#assets

and/or here:

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/configure/page-s...s#css-and-javascript

so loading whichever version yourself shouldn't be issue... and you could also just use the Head Properties custom content to drop Bootstrap's CDN <link> tags in

Gantry 4 themes have a bit of Bootstrap in them... Joomla has a bit of Bootstrap in it... so some bootstrap classes will just work... and you can load bootstrap certainly without conlfict.... some things within bootstrap may conflict/fight with theme styling if invoked

depends what you're after ultimately I guess.... "Bootstrap" could mean alot of different things... anything specific?
    • Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Matt. Reason: ////I couldn't tell!
    • The following users have thanked you: Jason "Deuce" Brandt

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds