Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED RokNav - Error displaying the error page

• SOLVED RokNav - Error displaying the error page

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • Hello!

I'm migrating a webpage using to another host. The page is build with the template Anacron. After having many difficilties with the migration i decided to setup a new rockettheme demo installation with this template. The installation was a success, but then i open the site i get the message "Error displaying the error page". I can get in the admin panel with no problem.

I tried fixing the DB, updating all the modules and everything. The error is still there. Only when I delete (or rename) mod_roknavmenu i can see the page with everything, except the top menu.

Can you help me fix this please? What else could I check? I also started a fresh installation and then switched the DB in the background. The page was shown correctly, but again without the top menu.

So i guess the problem is in the RokNavMenu, but i dont know how ti fix it ...

Any help would be much obliged!

Cheers!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED RokNav - Error displaying the error page

• Make sure RokNavMenu is up to date
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: SOLVED RokNav - Error displaying the error page

• I downloaded it from the official web page just today. Also the joomla administrator page shows that everything is up to date.

The funny thing is that this exact web page works on my test environment (on a different server), but when I copy it to the production server everything works, except the main menu - which is controlled by RokNavMenu. If the folder mod_roknavmenu is not in the Modules folder on the FTP, then the page works (without the menu), but if i put the folder on the server (or install the module), the page stops working.

What could be causing this?

Thank you so much for all your help!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Compare your PHP Extensions from your other server to your current server... check your error_log file in your webroot for other userful errors and crank up Joomla's Error Reporting to maximum as well
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• I loaded and installed roknavmenu-2.0.9.zip.

• I put in place maximum error reporting and the error I got on the page is now:

Error displaying the error page: [] operator not supported for strings: [] operator not supported for strings

Does this mean anything to you?

Thank you for helping me.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• What version of PHP are you running? Make sure you're on 5.5+ (5.6.x or 7.1.x recommended)

• PHP Version 7.1.4

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• I'm not a dev, I will open a ticket for them

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds