Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

php8 issues

• php8 issues

Posted 1 year 3 months ago
    • I need to move to php 8. I have rocket theme installed. Website throws up error with "each()" function when I try php 8. Doco says that function is not supported in 8. A grep shows that function is still called in various '\mod_roknavmenu\' php files. I can't find an update that will replace "each()" with "foreach()" that is recommended. Last available update is 2.0.9, 2017.

Do I have to attempt to update manually?

Thanks

Peter
      (Part time joomla support)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: php8 issues

Posted 1 year 3 months ago
    • Gantry4, its templates and all the old RT “rok” extensions do not support PHP 8. Furthermore, Joomla will cease to support Joomla 3 in August of this year (2023) so you should be considering moving to Gantry 5 and a Gantry 5 template. Please note that there is no upgrade process to get from Gantry 4 to Gantry 5 - you effectively have to start over.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: pacersailing2

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds