Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Joomla Component/Module for Million Pixels page?

Joomla Component/Module for Million Pixels page?

Posted 18 years 1 month ago
    • Cory Webb
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: Joomla Component/Module for Million Pixels page?

• I haven't heard of any component/module like that.

That seems like a "one-hit-wonder" to me. What I mean is, the first guy that did it made $1 million, but all the copy-cats can't even come close.

• Cory Webb wrote:
      I haven't heard of any component/module like that.

That seems like a "one-hit-wonder" to me. What I mean is, the first guy that did it made $1 million, but all the copy-cats can't even come close.

I would agree. One hit wonder
    • marlyred
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Melissa Rohr wrote:
      Anyone know of a joomla component or module to make a million pixels page?

I am looking for something like this...
      www.mymillionpoundhomepage.co.uk/menu/buy_pixels.html

Hi Melissa,

I am the 'copy-cat can't even come close' :o who created that site. I did not use a component to build the front page, just an image map. If you want to build one and need any advice, let me know.

And to the negative posters on this topic.... It cost me nothing to build it, was enjoyable to build it and if you never try, you never win.

P.S If you want some free pixels Melissa, let me know. If Cory or Lee want any it will cost you double! ;D
    • dmXdimension

• Marlyred,
      It was not my intention to start a riot. Suppose thats why they call it the water coooler. Too many people standing around dishing out their opinions but no real answers or solutions to the original question....

I like the idea, hence why I began this thread. However, it appears the only fellows willing to share their opinions havent a clue as to how to do what you have done.

I have sent you a private post. And for the record, I like it!

• My post was not intended to start a flame war. I was just stating that the idea has been done already and I doubt a clone would attract anywhere as near as much attention. If you like the idea, the best thing would be to think 'how can I better the original idea?'
    • Guy Cook
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 17 years 10 months ago
    • marlyred wrote:
      Melissa Rohr wrote:
      Anyone know of a joomla component or module to make a million pixels page?

I am looking for something like this...
      www.mymillionpoundhomepage.co.uk/menu/buy_pixels.html

Hi Melissa,

I am the 'copy-cat can't even come close' :o who created that site. I did not use a component to build the front page, just an image map. If you want to build one and need any advice, let me know.

And to the negative posters on this topic.... It cost me nothing to build it, was enjoyable to build it and if you never try, you never win.

P.S If you want some free pixels Melissa, let me know. If Cory or Lee want any it will cost you double! ;D

I would like to know how you "did it" in Joomla, I'm guessing it was via the wrapper? Just build an imagemap page the regular ol' way and then link it into the menu via the wrapper?
    • Guy R Cook
      Internet Solutions for small and medium sized business since 1995.
      V: 360-447-7384
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

Posted 17 years 10 months ago
    • Cory Webb wrote:
      I haven't heard of any component/module like that.

Hmmm... Maybe a 1,000,000 hit wonder!

dave ;D
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds