Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

License understanding

License understanding

Posted 16 years 11 months ago
    • hi folks,

I'm not a nativ speaker, so I have some problems in understanding the license.
      I have a one year membership. How can I use the templates?

I have 9 Sites and I decide to use 3 Templates.
      So each Template is used at a max. of 3 times.
      This would work as well if I'd have 21 Sites and I use 7 Templates?

or:

I have 9 Sites and I may use 9 different Templates?

or:

I can use only 3 Templates at all ??

How many templates can I use to satisfy how much sites?
      ???
      Thany you.
      Frank
  • Re: License understanding

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: License understanding

• Peadar
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 16 years 10 months ago
    • Be aware also that the template allocation is aimed at ''for profit' sites.

If you wish to use a template for a non-profit site, they do not count against your maximumn concurrent template usages.

Now there's an RTT value add if you ever wanted one.....
    • Matthew
    • Hero Rocketeer

• This is true, but read the license carefully. . . For a site to qualify for the non-profit exemption, it needs to be for an organization that is legally non profit.
    • www.gofftech.com Web Design
    • Leckenby
    • Elite Rocketeer

• So does that mean that if I make a random blog for myself, that it counts to a template
      Also, if I build a website for someone for money, but that website is non-profit, does that count to one?
      Lastly, if a client provides the template for you to edit (even though your a member of RT), does editing that template make it count to one of your template provisions?
    • Matthew
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Bloggs_x wrote:
      So does that mean that if I make a random blog for myself, that it counts to a template
      Also, if I build a website for someone for money, but that website is non-profit, does that count to one?
      Lastly, if a client provides the template for you to edit (even though your a member of RT), does editing that template make it count to one of your template provisions?

A random personal blog counts against your template quota, unless you form a legal non-profit, or get a a legal non-profit to allow you to blog from within one of their official sites.

Under the Terms and Conditions as worded, I think you could accept money from a legal non-profit organization for Web work that included an RT template, and still not count that template against your quota, as long as you are mindful of the other restrictions (no reselling, sub-licensing, etc.). This is just My Opinion though, and, as always, Andy has final say.

For the final case, if a client has the template, and they are a paid member of RT in good standing, or they were when they got it, then it counts against their quota, not yours.

In other words, if I was not a pro member (for the sake of argument), and another member was having trouble with their site, and offered to pay me for the trouble of helping them fix it, it would not count against my quota.

Again, this is my opinion, Andy has final say.

My final word of advice, though, is that if there is any question, ask! Andy is very gracious, and is not an enforcement Nazi, but that just increases our moral and ethical obligation to do our utmost to abide by the (very generous) terms and conditions that all of us have agreed to by participating here.
    • www.gofftech.com Web Design
  • Re: License understanding

• As you are going into Web Building, why not just upgrade to the Pro Membership and remove any confusion :)
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK
    • Leckenby
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I am going to, just waiting till the next template etc is out :D
    • Bob Ateah
    • Elite Rocketeer

• James S! wrote:
      As you are going into Web Building, why not just upgrade to the Pro Membership and remove any confusion :)

Yup, that is the most logical choice for a budding web designer.

I would like to add that there is more to this than has been mentioned and one can read it in the Joomla Template Club Price/Feature Matrix table at the Terms and Conditions page.
      A 1 year renewal yields the member an additional 2 sites that fall under the "Max Concurrent Template Uses".

Cheers!
    • The member formerly known as Roland Deschain
      After your question is solved, please Edit your original post and choose the Solved message icon, thank you!

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds