Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Your clients - What do you do about webhosting?

• Re: Your clients - What do you do about webhosting?

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • If Rockettheme did Hosting it would probably be the best hosting in the world... 8)
    • Zoren
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Your clients - What do you do about webhosting?

• I would recommend Cartikahosting.com. They are like rackspace, but cheaper. Great support, uptime and they are Joomla experts.

For a UK host, I have heard great things about Clook.net. Both have reseller programs. If you have a good provider, it can be a nice revenue stream.

• I just got off Bluehost...do NOT use them. They claim unlimited everything but as soon as I had about 10 clients running Joomla based sites they called me and told me I had too many MySQL tables and that I have 60 days to resolve the matter. So I left all together.
    • Thank you,
      Jason

Server #1: 4-Cores @ 2.3Ghz | 8GB RAM | Plesk Control Panel v11.0.9 | Apache/2.2.3-65.el5 | mySQL: 5.5.23 | PHP: 5.3.10
      Server #2: 8-Cores @ 2.5Ghz | 16GB RAM | Plesk Control Panel v11.0.9 | Apache/2.2.15-15.el6 | mySQL: 5.5.25 | PHP: 5.4.4

• Hello again

Still looking at new hosts and Hostgator seems to the one I will go with.

I was going to get a reseller account but notice that they have a 'Business plan' which offers unlimited domains, disk space etc. It doest give each domain their own control panel but to be honest, Im thinking that most of my clients (Just looking for a few really to help pay my bills while at uni) wont even want to use control panel, no one has before. The cost is about 50% cheaper also.

Is there anything I may not be thinking of here or do you all just go for reseller accounts?
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• I guess it depends on your preference and your price range. Even though most of my clients have never logged into their cPanels, I find the reseller option to be more professional and easier to deal with. I can offer more service to my clients and keep the projects separated at the same time.

You might want to think about how you would deal with having multiple sites in a common directory, it could complicate your process and mistakes could be costly if you upload files to the wrong folder. It all depends on how organized you are, but it's something to think about. There is a reason it's cheaper. Just my 2 cents.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

I have to agree with Cliff on this one :cheesy:

I am a reseller with Hostgator and have been for a few years. Sooner or later one of your clients will employ someone to do some work for them and when they discover they only have shared space on your account it will be you who looks unprofessional. :oops:

For the cost difference I would say you need consider damage limitation because sooner or later something will go wrong. :evil:

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

• +1 Cliff
      +1 David

Become the reseller, it is to your advantage.
    • Thank you,
      Jason

Server #1: 4-Cores @ 2.3Ghz | 8GB RAM | Plesk Control Panel v11.0.9 | Apache/2.2.3-65.el5 | mySQL: 5.5.23 | PHP: 5.3.10
      Server #2: 8-Cores @ 2.5Ghz | 16GB RAM | Plesk Control Panel v11.0.9 | Apache/2.2.15-15.el6 | mySQL: 5.5.25 | PHP: 5.4.4

• Ok lads, thanks for the help, reseller it is :-)

Posted 12 years 7 months ago
    • Is it hard to setup the accounts on a reseller account and how do you know how much space and bandwidth to give each account?

Thanks,
      Kent
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Posted 12 years 7 months ago
    • If you have a cpanel based reseller account, you set up the accounts in WHM (Web Host Manager), which is cpanel's upper level. It's not very hard at all. You can design as many different plans as you like with different space and bandwidth limits. For most basic websites, a gig of space is probably more than you'll ever need. The bandwidth is about the same, but it depends on how busy the website is, you can always adjust it as you go.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds