Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Using AJAX on RocketTheme templates

• Using AJAX on RocketTheme templates

Posted 12 years 4 months ago
    • Joomla 1.7
      Radiance template

Hi

I needed my website to load the main content using AJAX and found a great plug-in to do this called Add FullAjax. http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/site-performance/13293

The problem is I can't get it to work as in the instructions it says:
      For work you must add "id" in template (index.php) where is shown component and message.
      Example:
      <div id="forajax">
      <jdoc:include type="message" />
      <jdoc:include type="component" />
      </div>

The problem is that those lines don't exist in the template's index.php file because of the gantry framework. I contacted the guy and he confirmed it doesn't work well with Gantry.

I am nowhere near being a developer I went the all of the files both in the /templates folder and the libaries/gantry folder and inserting the above div tag wherever I saw <jdoc:include type="component" /> but the menu wouldnt work at all.

Then I tried the div tag around the:
      <?php echo $gantry->displayMainbody('mainbody','sidebar','standard','standard','standard','standard','standard'); ?>
      in the template index.php file and it works to a fashion!

For some reason it seems to be loosing a lot of the divs around the content e.g. rt-main, rt-grid-12, rt-main-column, rt-block component-block etc

Without AJAX
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

With AJAX
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

The site with the AJAX on can be seen at http://www.housocial.com/new

The reason I really need AJAX on the site is because it will have a constant radio stream at the top which needs to keep playing while the pages are being viewed. I used frames on the last site and that was messy!

Has anyone any idea what to do? I would really be grateful for any help you can give.
  • Re: Using AJAX on RocketTheme templates

Posted 11 years 9 months ago
    • hi

I have same problem here.

Can someone help?

Regards,
      XOOMSERVE

Posted 11 years 7 months ago
    • Hi,

I have been playing around with this and have managed to get it to work. Do you still need help?

CHRIS
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Using AJAX on RocketTheme templates

Posted 11 years 6 months ago

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Where is the documentation for Gantry5 on this. The link is broken. I am using this plugin too on a different theme and works but testing on a gantry powered theme does not work. if there is way to ajax the content using the theme, please how do we it?

Thank you,
      William

Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    • Any answers??

• Wow, first time I have ever had to wait over a month to get an answer.....

this doesn't sound like the RocketTheme I have known for years.

Guess I will have to decide on another platform if I can't get an answer here

William
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

Re: Using AJAX on RocketTheme templates

• I was pointed to this topic. Sorry about the delay, but I didn't know that the question existed.

Gantry 5 doesn't do any AJAX of its own right now; there has been no dynamic content support in Gantry 5 which would have required AJAX calls in frontend. Admin is all AJAX, but there we know what we are rendering.

I cannot see any reason for adding AJAX right now except of when we add frontend editing support for particles.
    • Gantry 5, enjoy!

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds