Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Problems in IE

• Problems in IE

Posted 18 years 1 week ago
    • Hi all,

Thought I'd post this here as this is a general problem, not with a particular template. It relates to the thread linked below;

http://www.rockettheme.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=149&topic=1157.0

Any ideas on this? Just to expand on my posting in that thread, the problem seems to be the same when I look at the site through my works PC. The problems experienced are in IE6. Technophobia just breaks apart totally in IE and, as mentioned in my posting, this is with a standard installation of Joomla.
  • Re: Problems in IE

• Bill Gillon wrote:
      As an example, here's how Internet Gazette and Bubblicious look whilst, as mentioned and shown below, Technophobia just breaks apart. Hope you can help because, at the moment, I'm reluctant to use the CSS templates if some users are seeing them like the below? The version of IE I have is 6.0, Service Pack 2. Cheers.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Problems in IE

• Try taking your site "ONLINE". The way the current OFFLINE code works it actually really does not follow XHTML specs, if you take it ONLINE the code is as its supposed to be.

• I believe the problem with the templates shown is that you have too many items in the Mainmenu... it is a dynamic menu system and it is pushing the width beyond the limit of the template. Just unpublish all but four or five menu items, and see how it looks.
    • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Problems in IE

• that too!

• It was the Site Offline which was doing it Andy, all sorted, cheers for that. Something simple as always. Bloomin' IE, I've no idea why people continue to use it, grrrrrrrrrrr.

By the way, I'd tried the reduction in menu options but it hadn't made any difference, but putting the site online put the templates back as they should look. Hurrah!

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds