Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

iJoomla's AdAgency does not work with 2.5 RT sites...

• Gene Page
    • Hero Rocketeer

iJoomla's AdAgency does not work with 2.5 RT sites...

Posted 10 years 11 months ago
    • I want to let everyone know so they don't make a mistake in buying this extension.
      The ad images are not responsive.

So if you're running a 2.5 responsive RT site, you're SOL.

I was under the impression they would be fixing this, but found out today...
      www.ijoomla.com/forum/48-support-questio...-5-responsive/#30511

...They had no such plans to bring responsive capabilities to 2.5 (3.0 only and who knows when).

This was my second and last outing with this iJoomla. And now that they own JomSocial, I'm writing off that extension as well.
    • Show Support for These Requests...

Automatic K2 Tags for RokSprocket ->
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=16...86380&rb_v=viewtopic

Option for K2 Video instead of Image for RokSprocket (like JoomlaBamboo's ZenTools) ->...
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: iJoomla's AdAgency does not work with 2.5 RT sites...

• WOW! The collective opinion here is that J3 isn't ready for primetime. It looks like they're parroting the Joomla line that J3 is safe enough for production sites.

There's no way to hack the php to get rid of defined images sizes?

Thanks for the heads up
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

(Still shaking my head....)
    • Gene Page
    • Hero Rocketeer

• DanG wrote:
      WOW! The collective opinion here is that J3 isn't ready for primetime. It looks like they're parroting the Joomla line that J3 is safe enough for production sites.

Thanks for the heads up

That's what I thought! I even said as much on their boards. Really, how many of their clients are even on 3.0?

I'd been waiting for 2.5 responsive since before January, and they just kept implying that it was on its way, only to say responsive is for 3.0 only.

There may be a way to hack the PHP. I'm planning to give it a shot myself now. Before today I didn't think it would be necessary as I believed a 2.5 update was pending.

Option for K2 Video instead of Image for RokSprocket (like JoomlaBamboo's ZenTools) ->...
    • Gene Page
    • Hero Rocketeer

• DanG wrote:
      WOW! The collective opinion here is that J3 isn't ready for primetime. It looks like they're parroting the Joomla line that J3 is safe enough for production sites.

Thanks for the heads up

ME: And all the people running 2.5 sites are SOL? Why not make the 3.0 extension backward compatible? Many companies are combining 2.5 and 3.0 extensions.

iJoomla: At this point we don't have plans to make it possible. Also, remember that J! 2.5 is approaching to the end since J! 3.5 will be released in next few months.

ME: J!2.5 end of life is September 2014; That's more than a year away!!!!

I'm not going to upgrade to 3.0 at all, and I won't use 3.5 until it's been around for a long while.

Look, I've tried to be nice about it -
      BUT

iJoomla's AdAgency is a piece of junk. It uses tables instead of DIVs, the Control Panel is from the dark ages, it's too complicated for new, DIY web-admins, and their customers aren't thrilled with the user interface.

Once I really dug-in and found out how flawed this system was, you had already issued your resolution to provide an update/upgrade which I had hoped would solve all these problems. Now I'm finding out that it's only for 3.0+ sites? How many of iJoomla's customers are even using 3.0? I bet it's less than 30%. You're essentially telling me that all you have available for 2.5 is the leftovers from 1.5 -> and you have no plans to change that.

Responsive tech didn't begin with J! 3.0. It's been around a while now. Using DIVs in place of Tables has been standard for years.

I'm never purchasing another iJoomla product. There are 3rd party advertising services that work a whole lot better than AdAgency. I'll gladly recommend them to my friends and clients - SINCE THEY ALL USE 2.5!!!

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Gene Page wrote:
      iJoomla: At this point we don't have plans to make it possible. Also, remember that J! 2.5 is approaching to the end since J! 3.5 will be released in next few months.

ME: J!2.5 end of life is September 2014; That's more than a year away!!!!
      Well said Gene!
      Do you realize how many members here and folks out in the world are still running J15 - it's scary :shock:

iJoomla seems to be more run as hobby than a company trying to ensure a large and growing client base.
    • techgal
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 10 years 5 months ago
    • Hi Gene,

I found your post too late! I did purchase AdAgency and find that the banner images are not responsive on RT template for 2.5. Looking for a solution I found your post.

Could you please elaborate on which 3rd party services you are referring to in this post and/or which you would recommend?

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds