Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Better controlled content

Better controlled content

Posted 17 years 10 months ago
    • Probably an odd question, but how do you guys and girls control the looks of your content?

I just feel that it's a hit or miss situation when I add some content with images. Yes I can allign the images left, center and right, but it seems to be a lot of work, to make stuff be where I want it to be.

I know the images are floating and allign according to the text, but if I add just one more line of text for instance, the whole look can get messed up, compared to what I had the minute before I added the line.

Any suggestions to make it more controlable, or is it just up to Joomla to sort it all out?

Any ideas, links, tips or tricks are highly appriciated!
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Better controlled content

• one one of my sites i use a very strict image size for content and always have the image at the top on the right. i'm not going to flesh out content to make it look good every time but as long as you have enough content it will work out 9 times out of 10. if i use an image i always use 4 paragraphs of content and if no image is used just two. it creates some level of continuity

on another site where image size isn't so strict i can make it fit perfectly by adding height and width tags in the image code

hope the second paragraph helps you
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

• Cheers Damo, I think you're spot on..
      My main problem is too little text and too big images.

I'll try and add some image size tags to the html and see if that helps.

But where do you put the actualy mosimage tag?

For instance if I have some text like this:

(mosimage)Bla bla some text here bla bla bla..

The image does not align with it's top to the text top.

If I browse the templates I can see that every image top lines up with any paragraph top, but my images are a couple of px below?

Any idea to that problem?

It seems it got some margin above the image..
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• I use Asbru HardCore Web Content Editor ( http://editor.asbrusoft.com/ ), which provides a powerful wysiwyg editor component. Before publishing, you see exactly what you will get. You can even map your images. Demo available.
    • Yves
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

• Thomas M. Nielsen wrote:
      Cheers Damo, I think you're spot on..
      My main problem is too little text and too big images.

I'll try and add some image size tags to the html and see if that helps.

But where do you put the actualy mosimage tag?

For instance if I have some text like this:

(mosimage)Bla bla some text here bla bla bla..

The image does not align with it's top to the text top.

If I browse the templates I can see that every image top lines up with any paragraph top, but my images are a couple of px below?

Any idea to that problem?

It seems it got some margin above the image..

ALl my images are the same size on my homepage and I put the mosimage in the place you mentioned. Look at my page and see if that is what you want. My images are alined left for each article. If you want the image down in the article you can put the tag wherever you like (trial and error for me) and aline it how you like.

In this article www.bentonhighschool.com/content/view/656/495/ i have the first mosimage down about 4 line and alined left and the others at the bottom alined to center.

www.bentonhighschool.com/
    • www.bentonhighschool.com/

• Cheers Yves for that link, I will have a closer look later today :)

Stewart thanks for the info. I can see your images are not alligning with the top of the text either, so this might just be normal. I don't understand why the demo templates on this site looks different - they allign with the top text?
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• i dont use {mosimage} but instead just copy and paste the image code from media manager and then add title, alt, height and width tags ... takes a little more time but its worth it in terms of control and search engines ...
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

• Hehe you learn something new every day...
      Somehow I thought the html was implemented in the mosimage function in some way.
      I'll try and remember to work the normal way :)

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds