Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Any RSmail fans?

• Terp
    • Elite Rocketeer

Any RSmail fans?

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • ...just wondering if anyone uses/has used RSmail from RSJoomla? I really like the follow-up feature and intuitive backend, but the forums are an absolute ghost town and that makes me nervous...though I guess it could be the result of it working so well that no one has any issues whatsoever. ;)

Have you used RSmail?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Any RSmail fans?

• I considered using it once upon a time and researched it pretty thoroughly...

this seemed more popular at the time: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/marketing/newsletter/10341

but it's also free whereas RSMail isn't?

In any case, I personally decided I did not want to get into the game of managing large mailing lists on my own server... keeping your mails from being filtered as spam, when you're sending large amounts of email, is an arduous task and I decided that letting a provider like MailChimp, Aweber (my fav), or ConstantContact handle the delivery of email was a better plan since they've already gone through the many many different settings and compliance practices to ensure their mails aren't filtered as spam.

//2 cents
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Terp
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Thanks, sir.

I grappled with this very thing and have tried a couple of those 3rd-party providers (and curently using MailChimp). I will however, give Aweber a look now, too.

The primary appeal, aside from the easy follow-up email setup with RSMail, was to populate emails based on J! content...the lazy way. :)

That being said, I see your point about 1,000s of emails leaving my (*cough* shared, so a double whammy) host, which will surely raise spamming issues at some point.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• yeah, if you can't at least get a dedicated IP with SPF enabled chances are your mail isn't getting through to a lot of people... even then it can be a pain... www.returnpath.com/ offers some services to help get your server "trusted" for email... I know alot of folks that use MailChimp and like it... I think Aweber has better reporting and statistical tracking and they have solid phone support which I've always liked.

Good luck on your mailing endeavors!
    • Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds