Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Looking for someone to design a new site-OK to ask here?

• SOLVED Looking for someone to design a new site-OK to ask here?

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • If so here we go if not mods please move to a more appropriate area or delete.

Hello
      Long time member of RT.
      Really enjoy the creative and technical process of website design.
      Know enough to be dangerous.
      Have known for some time that this should be a hobby and I should be focused on building my company.

Rapid fire details:
      22 year old small firm with 12 employees based in and primarily serving the greater Chicagoland area. Looking to expand into other cities.

Completely new RT and Joomla based site.

Cost conscious but not short sighted.

Serve two types of clients centered on providing high tech solution for luxury residential and commercial.
      Beautifully elegant for luxury with a bit more tech for commercial
      Primarily a tool for lead generation with valuable content and some self help
      Want to connect and stay connected at a much higher level with current and potential clients.
      Much more than "hey we have a pretty new site with the same old boring self-centered content as everyone else in our industry".
      Visit site often and stay by providing high value for clients and related trades with compelling content and resources.

Strong local organic SEO

IMHO I have significantly above average understanding and knowledge than most clients re: all things web.
      Looking for a long-term relationship with a true master with experience, knowledge and skills far beyond my abilities.
      Please don’t take this as arrogance. All too many times I meet with self-proclaimed "experts" in given fields only to discover that I'm able to run proverbial circles and am much, much farther along. This leads me back to “sigh, I'll just do it myself”

Would like to host locally on DIY Ubuntu servers to save $ on paying for hosting.

Have lots of content.

Where do we go from here?

I can be contacted at techguyeric AT gmail.

Thank you
      Eric
    • Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Eric Schmidt.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Looking for someone to design a new site-OK to ask here?

• You could but there is a forum specifically for this called The Marketplace . If you have an active Developer membership you can also post it there ;)
    • Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by DanG.
  • Re: SOLVED Looking for someone to design a new site-OK to ask here?

• Dan thanks for the tip.
      Since I plan on hiring a pro I didn't renew my developer membership.
      Anyway you can copy this there?

Also forgot to add my contact info.
      techguyeric AT gmail

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds