Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Koken CMS

• ladbroke
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Koken CMS

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • Just wondered if anybody has tried out Koken yet, and what your thoughts are?

I've started using it in the last month or so, and I absolutely love it. I've got 2 sites currently in development with it, one Photography site and another Floristry site. (I wont post links as they're not ready to be seen yet!) It seems to be aimed at 'Creative types' Photographers, Artists etc, and isn't anywhere near as feature rich as Joomla or Wordpress. If you are looking to create an online portfolio type site, then it's fab for that. It's pretty intuitive and easy to pick up. Styling can be adapted via a custom css section built in to Koken. It's pretty new so updates are frequent as is the odd bug, but so far it's been marvelous to work with.

So far my only concerns are:
      • Hosting-It's a bit sluggish on shared hosting. I've got it on VPS and it's much better.
      • SEO-There doesn't seem that much provsion for it, although I'll look into this more.
      • Templating-Being new there aren't that many templates available, and they all seem quite similar. This means a fair bit of customisation is needed

I'm in no way associated with Koken, but stumbled upon it whilst looking for a CMS that would be suitable for a photographer and which is easy to update. It'll be interesting to see how this project turns out, but for now it's a joy to work with.

Check out Koken here: koken.me/

**Edit just seen that this probably belongs in 'Water Cooler' rather than in here. Apologies.**
    • Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by ladbroke.
    • The following users have thanked you: Neil Robertson

• prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Koken CMS

• ladbroke wrote:

**Edit just seen that this probably belongs in 'Water Cooler' rather than in here. Apologies.**

Ok, just moved it there :)
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG
  • Re: Koken CMS

• KMGDESIGN
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: Koken CMS

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • I´m loving it!

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds