Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Video e-commerce

• Video e-commerce

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • Hi guys,
      I want to start a new online business selling custom video and graphics and i'm wondering which ecommerce solution is the best one.
      The main problem is that i'd like to insert a video instead of the regular image but it seems that is not possible.
      I'd like to create a video shop like fiverr with previews when the mouse hovers on one item, do you have any idea?
      Thanks!
    • Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Emanuele Carbone.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Video e-commerce

• you're just referencing a specific feature that could exist, or be implemented, in a lot of different eCommerce solutions...

If it were me I'd focus more on what core features were important... like product management, user management, payment gateways, and device support... and THEN I'd look out the ease of implementing this specific feature into it...

I like:

VirtueMart, OpenCart, and Magento for open source solutions... that being said, I don't think I'll use anything but Magento for future sites, though the Magento learning curve is a lot steeper than most...

I also recommend my clients considers Shopify and even BigCommerce as hosted solutions...

as to your specific question here I don't have any specific advice... except to never rely on a "hover" to do anything important... because you can't hover on a touch device...
    • The following users have thanked you: Emanuele Carbone

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Video e-commerce

• Thank you matt for your interest, i compared a few options and at the end i chose mijoshop with an add-on that enables to insert videos in addition to the images. I didn't think that on mobile i couldn't use the hover feature, thank you for making me noticing. Best regards
    • Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Emanuele Carbone.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds