Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Newbie Question: Profile Page Layout

• Newbie Question: Profile Page Layout

Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    • Hi, all

I've been using Joomla now for a week! Yep, I'm a veteran (I wish).

Whilst I have managed to get my head around a fair bit of it - I'm not a coder, BTW - I'm having problems trying to get the user profile page to look at least a bit attractive.

Is there a tool/method for doing this, or do I need to resign myself to learning CSS basics?
    • Mental Illness Awareness and Acceptance Advocate
      Doing It Differently!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Newbie Question: Profile Page Layout

• Hi Keir
      and welcome to the forums
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Keir Wells wrote:
      Hi, all

I've been using Joomla now for a week! Yep, I'm a veteran (I wish).

Whilst I have managed to get my head around a fair bit of it - I'm not a coder, BTW - I'm having problems trying to get the user profile page to look at least a bit attractive.

Is there a tool/method for doing this, or do I need to resign myself to learning CSS basics?

Resigned:

1) Bookmark W3C Schools
      2) Grab and learn how to use Chrome Developer Tools
      3) For specific help create a new Topic in the appropriate template forum and if this is a site that is online (just installed, dev or live) could you please supply a link in the Public or SECURE part of your reply so we can better diagnose the issue?
      It makes our suggestions more accurate if we see the actual coding of your site.
      This is especially important with RokSprocket as our templates carry an override folder to modify the native styling.
    • The following users have thanked you: Keir Wells

• Re: Newbie Question: Profile Page Layout

• Hi, Dan

Thanks for the response, welcome and suggestions. OK, so it looks like I have to have to put my nose to the grindstone and learn new coding. Hopefully not as difficult as when I taught myself Assembly and Pascal (too many) years ago.

Kind regards - Keir :-)
    • Mental Illness Awareness and Acceptance Advocate
      Doing It Differently!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Newbie Question: Profile Page Layout

• Keir Wells wrote:
      Hi, Dan

Thanks for the response, welcome and suggestions. OK, so it looks like I have to have to put my nose to the grindstone and learn new coding. Hopefully not as difficult as when I taught myself Assembly and Pascal (too many) years ago.

Kind regards - Keir :-)

I did it the hard way :( Being an older fella I didn't want to read all that but would go there when I needed a CSS reference syntax. The more I used it the more proficient I became - go figure :whistle:
    • Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by DanG.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds