Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Banned from Joomla.org

• Banned from Joomla.org

Posted 17 years 9 months ago
    • Would someone please email me Brad or Andrews email address (prefer both) to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

I was cast to outer darkness by the forum gods due to a single glitch in my typing skills and would appreciate having a conversation with those whom choose to do so.

The latest template was certianly a work of art. It shows what can be done in professional design. Good work.

Appreciated.
      Thank you.

Rick Spence
      --rjs
    • Last Edit: 17 years 9 months ago by Rick Spence.
    • - Please do not ask me for my URL.
      - Please do not ask me for snapshots.
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

Re: Banned from Joomla.org

• I don't know them, but was wondering what happened?

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."
  • Re: Banned from Joomla.org

• Well I would prefer not to go into details, but I would just suggest that the topic of the thread was

Suggestions: licencing, templates and other stuff

Which in my mind would leave a broad category of definition for those that had ideas to offer. When someone on the forum staff decides that post(s) are "off topic", and continue with "please keep the posts on topic", I would only suggest they understand what the thread is entitled in the first place. Thus my remark. And although the remark of "Adolf" may be uncalled for, I would just state that at the moment I felt the forum.joomla.org site, it's leaders and administrators to be acting in a dictatorial type fashion and not that of a community willing to being open to discussing issues as each individual see's it. Thus my remark.

Nevertheless, throwing myself to outer darkness and removing me from the forums should be done in a respectible manner if this be the chosen path of forum administration. To remove a person for a week as I have been would be acceptable under certain circumstances. In my particular view, it is without warrant to remove myself from the community forums for a period of a week due to the forum administration not understanding the topic in which I was removed from. Certainly the forum administration believes they are correct in doing so. I believe them to be entirely wrong and not in the best interest of the community in general. This is the cause for the statement I made. This was the frustration behind the "Adolf" comment.

Brad had no rights whatsoever to tell myself, Amy, and Brian that we were not to respond or reply to his posts. We have every right.

I would ask that Andy or someone please send me Andrews/ Brads email addresses so I can talk to them personally.

Thank you,
      --rjs

Update: Brad refused to discuss matters with me via a yahoo chat session and put it just as such. Please email me Andrew (masterchief)'s email address if you will.

Thank you,
      --rjs
    • Last Edit: 17 years 9 months ago by Rick Spence.
    • - Please do not ask me for my URL.
      - Please do not ask me for snapshots.
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• I feel your pain, man.

I was kicked off DP Review for promoting my website about photography in San Diego. It was a labor of love and free to all. Of course the by-laws only said 'commercial' websites, so I didn't feel that I was banned legitimately. I tried to communicate the actuallity to the guy who owned the site, but I never got a response and am banned to this day - at least with that e-mail address.

I say this to encourage you to just let it go. Maybe you can use another e-mail address (unless they track IP addresses). I'm sure the folks at Joomla may have meant well and it's simply a misunderstanding. After two years in the Joomla (Mambo) community I've never heard a negative comment about them.

Calling people names will not usually result in the action that you expect - even if you are correct. They own the site and can be Nazis if they like.

Again, just let it go and next time don't resort to name-calling.

Sorry that happened to you, Rick.

dave
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• From what I understand it's only temporary 1 week ban. like being put in timeout i suppose :(
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• That's good, Andy. Rick seemed very apologetic from the start. I hope he can find some resolution with the Joomla folks - and doesn't mind me airing my opinion here on the board.

I support you, Rick!

d.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 9 months ago by .

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds