Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Joomla off-line application (component and/or module)

• Indrit
    • Rocketeer

Joomla off-line application (component and/or module)

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • Hi all, I was wondering if there is a component or module or anything joomla related that can be utilized in both online and offline platforms. What do I mean by that?
      Say.., I have an application, a form (if you will) which once online and properly filled out by a user will store the information on the database.
      Now, i want to use the same form, only this time once I login into my user account into a joomla site, while online, I switch to off line mode. (Meaning, no more wi-fi, no internet connection). I still want to be able to use the form and fill it out and once back online, the form can sync and store all the data gathered while off-line into the database.

Best, regards,
      Indrit
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Indrit .
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Joomla off-line application (component and/or module)

• you'll probably need a custom solution... the problem is the "syncing"... when you click submit on a normal form it typically either sends an email or persists the data to your MySQL database... if you're not online the database isn't accessible so the form values have no where to go... if you simply left all your values in the fields and then waited until you're online to hit submit, that could work...

I don't think you'll find anything out of the box that does this... RS Forms Pro is the most advanced form manager I'm aware of for Joomla... you could see if it has any sort of "offline" mode or an offline mechanism of collecting/storing data
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Scott
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Good reply Matt ... well answered
      If you want to try another complex but simple to use form software give JSN Uniform free version (free = ALL features but only 1 form}
      http://2file.org/uniform Ive made it do many things its not intended for

All the best on your quest Indrit

:)
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Scott.
    • Indrit
    • Rocketeer

• I wish there was such offline/online component. It is true the syncing and temporary off-line storage is the challange. I know this that in todays industrie (I work in healthcare) this component can make a fortune if available.

THe best one i have seen so far is Fabrik, although doesnt have the offline/online option.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Indrit .

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds