Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Integration with Heart Internet!

• Integration with Heart Internet!

Posted 16 years 3 months ago
    • Hi

Not sure where to post this so apologies if I’ve put it in the wrong place!

After paying somebody else lots of money for hosting numerous websites over the years, I’ve decided to take the plunge and sign up as a reseller for Heart Internet. They provide various “scripts” that allow you to integrate Control Panels, webmail etc onto a clients website – but not for Joomla based sites! I’ve asked Heart for assistance but they basically said they wouldn’t know where to begin and nobody has ever asked before so they’re not interested!

So there goes my weekend!

So one of the scripts for the Control Panel is
      For example:-

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
      " www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd ">
      <html xmlns=" www.w3.org/1999/xhtml " xml:lang="en">
      <head>
      [LINK]
      <title>My Control Panel - [TITLE] - [DOMAIN]</title>
      </head>
      <body>
      [LEFT_MENU]
      [BODY]
      </body>
      </html>

To make everything work you must use [TITLE] to mark where the page title should go, [BODY] to mark where the body text should go and [LEFT_MENU] where the menu commonly shown on the left is displayed.

So I put this onto a straight forward HTML page, uploaded it to my site and then copied the resultant code into a module and added it to my Joomla website at www.afreespirit.co.uk . (not done any customization yet while I’m trying to get my head around this!)

The module code works - in that it prompts for the client’s logon details and shows a cookie status – but when I click on the Log on Now button, the “Control Panel” actually opens in a new window, taking the visitor away from my website.

So the question is – have I done this the right way and if so, how can I open the Control Panel within the Joomla website, instead of a new window. I tried using Wrapper but that didn’t want to play either!
      I’ve also got a webmail option but the script for that uses a popup window which I don’t think I can get out of. I can always install RoundCube - but I get confused trying to install it for myself let alone for a group of about 10 different clients! :-[

Is there a way to link the clients’ logon (to www.afreespirit.co.uk ) to their Control Panel & Webmail (RoundCube) so they don’t have to enter half a dozen different user names & passwords? Is this a Community Builder scenario?? I hope not!!

Sorry if this is waffling a bit – it’s gone 1am here in deepest, darkest Inverness and I’m getting more & more upset about my lack of understanding about HTML, cgi scripts and Jomla codes!!

Any assistance appreciated!!

Cheers for now

Kevin
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Integration with Heart Internet!

• I'm an HI reseller for a few months now...when I first signed up I purchased some 3rd party software to allow domain/package purchase (very similar to HostPay). I made some progress with the online ordering but eventually other prorities took hold.

Anyway, my main site is a Joomla install and the order process stuff was all done within a wrapper page. Looked pretty good and worked okay. I even had webmail and hosting status pages working, all within wrappers.
    • Toolbox Digital | Dribbble | Forrst
  • Re: Integration with Heart Internet!

• Cheers Dan

I'll have another go at the Wrapper method for opening up the Control Panel within Joomla - maybe I missed the obvious thing first time around. I wanted to keep it within a module so I could keep the Replicant theme through out. I may also have a look at the cgi files that HI seem to give me access to - maybe I can gleen something from that. The annoying thing is that it's so "simple" in HTML makes me think I've missed something that is starring me in the face!! I think HI assumes a lot from their Resellers - I know they have setup guides etc but depending on where you access different options on their websites, you seem to get different instructions! Going to ask them to put a install script on for Joomla 1.5 but I expect they'll say no as it's still in "beta" stage!

If I get anywhere, I'll let you know. Or if I find out how to open the Control Panel via the modules!

Cheers

Kevin
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Re: Integration with Heart Internet!

• Hi

Excuse the complete newbie question but how do I publish a module in the mainbody part of the Replicant template? :-[
      Does it have to be defined somewhere (and if so how??) or does it have a generic name that I cannot see for looking? (Sorry - nearly 2am and brain a bit fuzzed!)

Any assistance appreciated!

Cheers

Kevin
    • @lper

Posted 12 years 8 months ago
    • hi guys, just came across this forum while looking for HI & joomla integration. is there any progress on this? an integration component would be great..

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds