Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

My top 5 Firefox Productivity Tools

• Scott
    • Sr. Rocketeer

My top 5 Firefox Productivity Tools

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • Ive always seen the Chrome for productivity type posts (like rocketthemes blog link) but I would like to share my top 5 ... or 6 firefox add ons

www.rockettheme.com/blog/reviews/139-use...ons-for-productivity

My favorite firefox extensions that help me develop websites / servers
      The main reason i use the ones below is so I only have one window to contend with (firefox) and don't have to get lost going down to the taskbar to choose another program

In no particular order
      1> Web Developer
      chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/
      Pretty well everyone's swiss army knife for web designers

2> Colorzilla
      addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/colorzilla/?src=search
      just a flippin good color finder/picker

3> FireFTP
      fireftp.net/
      This little baby has save me countless hours from one little known feature that is usually not on any of the "big boys" ftp programs ..... copy and convert highlighted file to BROKEN LINK REMOVED
      This has saved me hours when copying from ftp and pasting into joomla in the correct domain and directory structure and filename including those pesky spaces (%20) and those other funky ascii things

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

4>FireSSH
      firessh.net/
      I deal with huge huge forum databases and having FireSSH (ssh is like the old command prompt 4u non geeky ones) nice and handy is a real blessing

5> Firebug
      getfirebug.com/
      An awesome lil console for decoding websites html and css .... maybe sometimes my most used

6> Rehost Image
      addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/rehost-image/
      This one can also save ya hours if theres a nice image you want to upload to your own http space ... i only use the FTP feature but it does come with default free sites

7> ummm I do have a few more but I would love to hear from you folk who like me who mostly use Firefox. Would love to hear of any recommendations of other tools to make things easier

Cheers
      Scott
    • Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Kat05.
    • The following users have thanked you: DanG

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: My top 5 Firefox Productivity Tools

• Your note on huge DB's, dump the archaic PhPMyAdmin console and take a look at Adminer
    • The following users have thanked you: Scott

• Scott
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• that is just simply awesome ..... I will definatly have a copy of that stashed on each server somewhere ... nice that its secure "out of the box"

see .... posting this topic was worth it .... I learned something kewl from a master

:)
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Scott wrote:
      that is just simply awesome ..... I will definatly have a copy of that stashed on each server somewhere ... nice that its secure "out of the box"

I knew nothing about DB and SQL querys before I got it and now I consider my self reasonably proficient. Just remember to use the .htaccess protect for your Adminer folder ;)

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds