Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Priority Defer parsing of JavaScript - how to improve performance score

• Tinetrix
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Love Rockettheme!

SOLVED Priority Defer parsing of JavaScript - how to improve performance score

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago
    • I ran my website (tinetrix.com) through the GTmetrics performamnce analyzer and the Priority Defer parsing of JavaScript got an F (0)
      Does anyone know how to impeove this?

thanks,
      Olympia
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Priority Defer parsing of JavaScript - how to improve performance score

• First thing I would say is that I'm not a great believer in using these "academic" tools to chase issues that they report. To me what really matters is the end user response time. That said, what will help you here is the use of a compressor (e.g. rokbooster).

Rokbooster has to be tuned to your particular environment and extensions - this is not something we can do for you as part of this support forum. I encourage you to read the rokbooster documentation to learn how to add exclusions and change the many other settings in rokbooster. Once tuned rokbooster will speed up your site so it's worth the effort.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Tinetrix

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Tinetrix
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Love Rockettheme!

Re: SOLVED Priority Defer parsing of JavaScript - how to improve performance score

• Thank you Mark!
      I already installed rokbooster and I see improvements. I will definitely learn how to configure it further.
      Thanks,
      Olympia
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Tinetrix.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Because of the way Joomla works (assuming you are talking about Joomla) you will never be able to defer all javascript as some has to be loaded first. Therefore as I said earlier the point being made by these checkers is moot - academically correct, real-world not realisable and little effect on overall end-user response time.

Good luck with the tuning :)

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds