Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Kunena Forum as Helpdesk

• Kunena Forum as Helpdesk

Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    • Hello,

I am looking at online helpdesk options for my site. And I would like to ask the Rockettheme team about their experience of using Kunena.
      Moderators - How do you find it guys? How do you have the workflow set up? e.g keeping track of the forum and issues? I am also interested in the "secure" post and "poll" features. Am I correcting in assuming that these are additional kunena features?

I appreciate it if you can share your wisdom and experience.

John
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Kunena Forum as Helpdesk

Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    • It depends what you want. Kunena is not really a helpdesk application. We use Kunena here in our forum, because we're a club we encourage everyone to join in and answer - so it's suits our needs. We've also done lots of custom tweaks too to make it work for us. If you want a proper helpdesk though (tickets, status, internal agents only, etc) then there are a number of helpdesk applications available for Joomla.

Yes, in kunena your can do polls. The "secure" bit is a customisation we did for our purposes.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Kunena Forum as Helpdesk

Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    • Hi John

I agree with MrT, Kunena is not the right place for a HelpDesk reporting and ticket logging system.

Yes I'd use it for an internal informaton resourse though or a Public 1st line style helpdesk agent

If you're looking for an online system, you might want to look at FreshDesk (no im not staff of FD, nor do I get anything from them as a referrer !) its what I use, and it's great and there is a free trial
    • The following users have thanked you: MrT

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds