Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

mac users, have you seen this yet?

• Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

mac users, have you seen this yet?

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
  • Re: mac users, have you seen this yet?

• Yeah Time Machine really is an awesome utility. With the amount of files I work with daily, it's so easy to accidentally save over one, or for some to come up missing mysteriously. This would be perfect to solve that problem. Spaces is pretty handy too, especially if you work with a lot of apps simultaneously and only have one moniter!
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

Re: mac users, have you seen this yet?

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• all i can say is i want a mac pro dual 3ghz :)

• Time Machine and Spaces pretty cool but still not a converter NO GAMES for Mac.
    • VirtueShop

• Every developer's conference my jaw just drops. I'm hoping to upgrade to a Macbook Pro when Leopard comes out.

• Yeah that Quad 3gHz Mac Pro is soooo sweet, have got to get my hands on one of those babies :)

As far as games go, BootCamp ( www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp ), which is free software now and is integrated into the new Leopard, allows you to dual boot and have windows running natively on the Mac with no performance hit, that helps make up a bit for the serious lack of games for the OSX platform.

• Yup, I'm with you there Mark. I currently have the PowerBook G4. I like the MacBook, but find the plastic casing not up to par with the beautiful aluminum/metal casing of the MacBook Pro. So by Spring 2007, with the release of Leopard, I will open up my wallet to get (hopefully) a very nice upgrade to the MacBook Pro. Besides, by then my laptop will be more than 3 years old. :)

• I couldn't agree more. My wife has an iBook and its really nice but I love the aluminum of my PowerBook which will also be turning 3 around the time Leopard comes out. I better start saving now.

BTW, anybody here use Boot Camp yet. Our computer lab purchased some new Intel iMacs and I'm interested in trying it out.

• Kevin DuCommun wrote:
      As far as games go, BootCamp

I was thinking of that, but another factor of not going Mac is the price of 2,499 I know in video they compared it with Dell and they came out with lower price but since 1995 I have always assembled my own computer, I checked couple of places and I can assemble the same configuration for 1,900 with the 600 leftover I can add two 20" monitors, I think for Mac to succeed even more they have to allow assembly.
    • VirtueShop

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds