Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Display diferents news in one module???

• Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

Display diferents news in one module???

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Hello Rocketeers,

I would like to know if it's possible to display diferents news in one module (eg: user1) when the visitors surf in diferents sections?

Thanks ;)
  • Re: Display diferents news in one module???

• Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're using the Latest News module, you can make as many copies of it as you need in the the module section. Assign each one to the section and category you want, then assign it to the menu item you would like it to appear on. So if you want it on the home page you choose "Home". Then just assign each copy of the module to the menu item on your website.
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Display diferents news in one module???

• Thanks to reply Mark. I think I understand what you mean and I'll try this but if I want to display for example in the user1 an image in the home page, a little article in another section, a second image in a third section, etc. Do you think it's possible?
      I'm building a portal and I would like to display diferents news, articles and advertises in each section but I don't know if it's possible ???
      If anyone know an extension do do and manage this (I know, I'm a dreamer ;D), thanks to post here ;)
  • Re: Display diferents news in one module???

• I think you can accomplish what you want using module assignments. Use different modules for latest news, static content, or an image. Publish them all in the user1 position, but just assign them each to a different menu page on your website.

• Mark Gomez wrote:
      I think you can accomplish what you want using module assignments. Use different modules for latest news, static content, or an image. Publish them all in the user1 position, but just assign them each to a different menu page on your website.

Yes, this will work quite well. The key is to assign the different menu pages.

Let us know if you require help doing this.

Cheers!
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Thank you! :D I will do a test today and tell you if it's work with me ;)

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds