Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

dv editing

• damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

dv editing

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • hello. nothing to do with templates but i'm thinking about getting a new dv camera

anyone know of any editing software that is geared for beginners but not an entry level piece of software?

i want to play before buying a new camera ...

cheers
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: dv editing

• Hi Damo,

As course, as a Mac user, I would recommend iMovie HD, part of iLife '06 (iPhoto, iWeb, iMovie HD, iDVD, GarageBand), which comes preinstalled in new Macs (with Intel Core Duo and the possibility to install Windows). Final Cut Express is also a great choice.

But as you have a PC, I let other members answer. Wikipedia gives a list of video editing software .

Cheers
    • Yves
  • Re: dv editing

• I, too, am a Mac user so I am pampered by iMovie and Final Cut Express. I've heard good things about Adobe Premier Elements. Its like Final Cut Express in that its not the most basic DV editor, but its not completely professional requiring a huge learning curve.
    • Bob Ateah
    • Elite Rocketeer

• A great free video editor is VirtualDub .
      The GUI is very plain, no fancy bells and whistles there, however it is very, very powerful software once you learn how to use it.

Although I am quite sure that this is not the direction that you are looking at going, you could checkout the free Windows Movie Maker .

Cheers!

ps: I've attached a pic of the Virtualdub GUI
    • The member formerly known as Roland Deschain
      After your question is solved, please Edit your original post and choose the Solved message icon, thank you!

• damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• thanks for responses. i've tried virtuedub and microsoft movie maker .... didn't enjoy veyr much
      i'm now going to try pinnacle before moving on to avid

i just know i'm going to spend housrs, even days on this then find out i've not got the time bu tit should be fun!

cheers
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

• damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Thomas M. Nielsen wrote:
      This link should be bookmarked now that you have entered the world of DV :)
      www.videohelp.com/
      thomas if you say i should bookmark i'll bookmark!
      am going to get my new camera next week. does anyone have recommendations? budget up to £600/$1000
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

• I've been wanting to try the Panasonic PV-GS500. Its one of the most affordable 3 CCD camers on the market.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds