Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Randomizing Your Banner Ads

• Randomizing Your Banner Ads

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • One of the things that I have noticed upon using the default (Banner Ad) system, is the fact that it does not randomize the banners. It starts with the same banner everytime someone new lands on the page and then from page to page it will cycle.

I have recently started using a great little module called (STOP PRESS) it uses DHTML and floats the banner over the main page, which is something great if you dont have much advertising space on your page.

Here is the demo: http://moduledemo.templateplazza.com/content/view/13/26/

Using this module, you have an option to display hover ADs "once" or "everytime" your visitors view a page. I think once is enough, so I used the settings built into the module to make it display only once and it throws the visitor a cookie. This cookie tells the module NOT to display another hover ad during their stay at my website.

Every time someone new shows up to the site... they get the same old ad... basically whatever is first inside the banner manager, is first on the front page. I would like to make it randomize the ads for more ad exposure. Any Ideas? ???

I'm sure there is a way to have the PHP code display the DB banner queries in a random order.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 6 months ago by Jacques Heiner.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds