Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

site check please

site check please

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Would somebody check out www.dutchpickle.com as check if it loads ok for them.

I am having a hard time getting the site to load & when it does am getting a ton of errors for declaration depreciated in firefox, am not sure if the main problem is routing, hosting or ???

I have done some changes in the last week and am not sure if I screwed anything up.

btw criticism appreciated - it is still a work in progress.
  • Re: site check please

• Hello, Brenda

Your site is loaded well in my Firefox here.
      I dont get what errors you meaned.

PS: Have you ever gone to Indonesia ? :D
      I see you wrote about Indonesia, only the east part. How about the west part of Indonesia? I think there are a lot of exciting place in the west part, like Java and Sumatera island...

Re: site check please

• thanks for checking - I was hoping the connection was just at my end - but I did an overhaul & wasn't sure.

firefox developr comes up with a red icon for me in the tolobar with about 40 declaration errors - which I'm going to have to figure out.

Indonesia
      No, its my other half that does the travelling - he just got back from East Timor & is heading back in a couple of weeks.
      90% of the stuff he never writes about - he thinks people wouldn't be interested. He's sold a lot of the hq pictures taken during the fighting and has beeen approached for a book - don't know wehther he'll do it.

Honestly I think East Timor has hooked him & the other sections of the site will probably disappear.

West Timor is here www.dutchpickle.com/indonesia/west-timor/ - I knew my navigation sucked LOL

• Maybe I should clarify that - most of the pictures/stories were just a bit too gory & he didn't think that portayed true.

• Looks good on firefox here in the wasteland known as Ohio.
      Works in explorer but the layout breaks and gets really wide in some places.
      See the pic:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I especially enjoyed the Alaska pics/articles, and makes me yearn to return to S.E. Alaska.
      I spent some time in Aurora Harbor and a few other places on a boat in my wilder days :-) , worked for a halibut longliner for a time, lived off dungies, salmon, and whatever else I could scare up....sure was fun.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 7 months ago by .
    • Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

• Peter

thanks for the heads up - think I fixed all the broken pages now - I always forget about ie (does ie always load that damn slow LOL)

Alaska - he used to do crab fishing when he was young & fit - talks a lot about it - but I never remember the details.

I still have a problem with disappearing menus - I moved things from one section to another then deleted the old section but now can't apply menu to those pages because the original section no longer exists - anyone have any ideas?

and thanks again guys for the help.

• Sites looking all fixed up in that "other" browser that refused to display things properly.
      Also looked good in opera, and of course it looked good in the fox.The image pop-ups all worked well etc.

Not sure about your menu problem other than making new menu items: link-->content item/section/whatever.
      You have a ton of good reading on the site and some great pictures too. Thanks for sharing. The site looks good!
    • Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

• Thanks Peter

I'm dumb at times - copy the pages - change the url in opensef - delete the old.
      Talk about not seeing the wood for the trees LOL

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds