Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hidden Login page

• Hidden Login page

Posted 15 years 8 months ago
    • Hi experts,

I have installed the versatility template on one of my customers homepage. I want to create a hidden menu so they can login and manage the site them self.

So i create a new menu called hidden_menu. Then i create a new module which links to the menu and the login form which i only want to display on the hidden_menu login page.

So i copy the link of that page and thats the only way you can gain access to this page.

But when i enter the page the menu is not appering and i have added the menu specfically to this page. However if i show the hidden menu on all pages everything works fine?

Does anybody have an idea of how to create a hidden login page on this template?

I have done the above on newer joomla installations and that have worked fine,
      Thanks for all you help
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Hidden Login page

Posted 15 years 7 months ago
    • If the site does not require a login for visitors, don't publish the login module.

Have users that will administer the site type '/administrator' after the URL pointing to where Joomla is installed.

For example:

www.website.com/administrator

or

www.website.com/joomla/administrator

That will bring up the Administrator Login page.
    • Thanks,
      jim
  • Re: Hidden Login page

• Hi JEM618 and thanks for your reply.
      I won't have my customers edit the website from the backend module as they can do damage to the site as well. Thats why i want them to be able to login via a page, and then they can edit each each page via the edit icon you get when loggin in as a publisher.
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Create a Category 'login'

Create and Article 'login' publish it to the 'login' Category. You can even use this article to post instructions or messages here for your users!!

Create a menu 'login' - use Category Blog Layout, publish the Category there.

Publish your module there, too.

Don't hide the menu yet, go see if everything works.

You should get a page with the Article you created along with the module.

Copy the URL.

Hide the menu, cross your fingers, and test....
    • Thanks,
      jim

• Hi Jem618,

I really like you idea, which is a bit different from my idea. Its pretty much the same thing however you add the category and blog layout page.
      It still dosen't work, however if i include the menu on all pages it works great, but when only applying the menu for one page, it dosen't not work?
      Its really strange! Please do you have other ideas?
      Thank you so much for your help,
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• ... but when only applying the menu for one page...

Do you mean module?

It's funny, I use hidden menus to link Articles all the time, and include modules on those pages...

But, I must admit, I've never put a login module on a hidden menu.

What position are you publishing it to?

Try publishing to something besides Header, which I believe is the default, Left, or User 1...
    • Last Edit: 15 years 7 months ago by .
    • Thanks,
      jim

• Well i have applied the module to the page and the page is added to category. So when adding the blog layout to my menu, its only working if i set it to all pages. However if i set it only to be shown on one page i won't show???
      I'm completly lost. I think its something to do with this template?
      I really appreciate you help and hope you still have a few ideas left :)
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Maybe someone else already knows if this is possible or not...

Perhaps there's an extension out there that will do this...

I'll try to put a login on a hidden menu, see if I can get it to work, and post back.
    • Thanks,
      jim
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Check your PM.
    • Thanks,
      jim

• Problem solved.

When i use your method, it actually works. However there's one important factor.
      When copying the url from the hidden_menu via the back-end the url looks like this:
      index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=70

If i include the menu on all pages and click the link so i land on the correct page, the url looks like this:
      index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=70&Itemid=94

The end of the url: &Itemid=94 has a lot to say. as i works perfectly fine now.
      Thank you so much for all your great support and time you have spend on this.
      Much mahalo,
      Leo

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds