Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Setting CronJob

• Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED Setting CronJob

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Hi Rocketteers!

I would like to use cronjob to make a daily backup of the DB in one or two of my joomla sites. I never used this function before in my hosting and when I open the cronjob I need to put the command in the panel... the command is backup?
      Another problem is that I have more than 15 DB in my account and there is nothing in the cronjob to set a backup of only one DB.

I tried to use a component called jombackup.systembot but after intall it I had some issues with joomla 1.0.11
      I can try to install joomla one more time with jombackup but I think it would be better to use cronjob because this component will make the site loading more slowly.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!
    • Last Edit: 17 years 7 months ago by .
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Setting CronJob

• Installed jombackup.systembot with success this time. I'll do some tests and tell here if all work fine.
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

• The jombackup.systembot works very well!!!! Very good tool :D
      You receive a daily backup of your mysql in your email account. No need to set the cronjob in this case ;D ;D
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• I just installed it on one site, no problem. I got the backup e-mail just after installation. Great !

But on another site (same provider), impossible to activate it (error message: Restricted access). Found official fix here (new admin.mambots.php).
    • Yves
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Yves Gabioud wrote:
      I just installed it on one site, no problem. I got the backup e-mail just after installation. Great !

But on another site (same provider), impossible to activate it (error message: Restricted access). Found official fix here (new admin.mambots.php).

Exactly Yves! It's necessary to put the new admin.mambots.php if you have changed the register_global to off and all the mambots work properly. Everyday you will have a backup of the database :D
      It's a very good option to restore the site after a crash or hacking!
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Franck Benedittini wrote:
      Exactly Yves! It's necessary to put the new admin.mambots.php if you have changed the register_global to off and all the mambots work properly. Everyday you will have a backup of the database :D
      It's a very good option to restore the site after a crash or hacking!

But it's only making a backup of the database. Do you use another tool to backup other folders, like images ?
    • Yves
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I just download all the files and folders every 2 weeks with ftp.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds