Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Images upload for authors.

• Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED Images upload for authors.

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Hello,
      It's the first time that I want to give some "space" in my site to several authors. I've seen it's not possible for the authors to upload pictures and add them in their articles. The only possibility i've seen it's to use the existing pictures in the images directory and sub-directories or make a link to a picture in another site.
      I need to let the authors upload their images and insert them in their articles.
      Do you know what can I do to give more freedom to my authors? :D
    • Last Edit: 17 years 6 months ago by .
  • Re: SOLVED Images upload for authors.

• JCE wysiwyg editor has image upload capabilities with its image manager plugin. There's also XHTMLSuite which is a commercial editor that also has this feature. I would recommend Multithumb mambot with it, that way all images will be resized to the thumbnail size of your choice.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Images upload for authors.

• Mark, thank you man! I never used JCE before and it's a great option :D
      I've installed all the plugins and the images manager is perfect for me. I'll test the Multithumb mambot too. You saved my day! ;)
  • Re: SOLVED Images upload for authors.

• I like the way I can choose the size for all images and it will make them clickable links with a lightbox feature. To see this in action, visit our school website and click on one of the pictures in the content items: http://www.twincitychristian.com
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Images upload for authors.

• WOW! It's very good. I'm sure the authors for my site will like this option!
      Your help has been very useful Mark. Thank you so much ;)

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds