Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Re: Displaying "Welcome, please log in", but hiding after logged in

• The Wraith
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Information Security

Re: Displaying "Welcome, please log in", but hiding after logged in

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • This isn't actually a RocketTheme issue, but with the forking of Mambo and Joomla, I'll be damned if I know of the best choice for a forum resource to get some assistance. I'm hoping you fine people can point me in the right direction. I'm making all of my content "Registered", so that users have to be logged in to see...anything. I want to accomplish the following:

1. Have a "Welcome to...Please log in page."
      2. Upon logging in, the "Welcome" page is no longer displayed.

#1 is not a problem. I have one piece of contact that is set to "Public", everything else is "Registered". However, how can I hide this "please log in" content from the Frontpage AFTER the user has logged in? I only want that content item displayed to non-logged in users.

Been scratching my brain. Can't come up with an idea on how to accomplish this.
    • Regards,
      The Wraith
      packetmonkey.net

Re: Re: Displaying "Welcome, please log in", but hiding after logged in

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • Here's a trick that will work ;D
      Create two versions of your template.

In template number one, create a module position. For example left.
      In template number two, create the same module position, but name it different. For example user1. Make sure you don't use module position left anywhere in template number 2.

Publish your login module in a page with template one, on postion left. Make sure in the module parameters you set the login redirection URL to a page that uses template two.
      On all other pages user template two. Beacuse the login module is on position left, and because that module position doesn't exist in template two it won't show up. Just create a logout option in your menu that simple links to the URL with the page that has template one active. The login module is visible there with the logout button.

Isn't Joomla! great? ;D

Good luck!
    • Last Edit: 18 years 2 months ago by .
  • Re: Re: Displaying "Welcome, please log in", but hiding after logged in

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • I think RokMember and RokGuest plugins which were developed by Andy will address this problem
    • zigzag
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Re: Displaying "Welcome, please log in", but hiding after logged in

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • Hello,
      Yes, use RokGuest and create a custom module and enclose it in the mambot tags:
      {guest}your content here{/guest}
      it works perfectly and disappears as soon as the user is logged in.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds