Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Looking for a cheap, legal Photoshop

Looking for a cheap, legal Photoshop

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • Hi all,

For my webdesign company i'm looking for a cheap, legal method of obtaining Adobe Photoshop CS.
      I've heard that it's possible to bay a Photoshop 6 or 7 (outdated older versions) and with such a legal version I can buy a Photoshop CS upgrade. This is 100% legal in the Netherlands.

Does anyone know of this is also the case for the UK or the US versions and who knows where to purchase these licenses?

Thanks!
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Looking for a cheap, legal Photoshop

• Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

• Rene Kreijveld wrote:
      Hi all,

For my webdesign company i'm looking for a cheap, legal method of obtaining Adobe Photoshop CS.
      I've heard that it's possible to bay a Photoshop 6 or 7 (outdated older versions) and with such a legal version I can buy a Photoshop CS upgrade. This is 100% legal in the Netherlands.

Does anyone know of this is also the case for the UK or the US versions and who knows where to purchase these licenses?

Thanks!

I would suggest ebay as well as long as the seller has not registered the produce. I just bought some software on ebay and it worked nicely.
    • www.bentonhighschool.com/
  • Re: Looking for a cheap, legal Photoshop

• Ditto on using eBay. However, also search for older versions like 5.5 or first CS on eBay. I've purchased an older down-rev off of eBay for practically nothing and then purchased the retail upgrade. Total was still less expensive. However, make sure that it's still shrink wrapped and/or never registered.

Just a suggestion to save a few bucks. ;D
    • www.thescoopgroop.com

• Thanks for the tips. I'll see if I'll give it a go...
    • Primate

• If you want an "unlimited time" trial copy of CS2 I can get you one for $60. If you decide you like it than you could buy a "legal" license. ;D

• That's not what i'm looking for.
      I want a legal license of an older version to use that as a basis for a legal upgrade license to the CS2 version.
    • TonyD
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I do not know how they do it in your country but here in the US you can buy Student licenses.

I took a $20 non-credit photoshop class and bought the full CS2 Premium for $199 .

• Thanks Tony, that's what i'm investigating at the moment.
      It seems that, as a student, one can buy a student's license. But there is a bit confusion about the rules of using such a license. Some say, that once the study is finished you're not allowed to use the license anymore. Others say you still can. :)
      Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds