Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Linux/Email help - Gurus out there?

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Linux/Email help - Gurus out there?

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • Ok, i'm fairly savvy in linux etc, but i'm getting these messages from various domains from time to time in regards to rockettheme.com email:

Remote host said: 451 Could not complete sender verify callout

Now, as I understand it, this is as a result of the receipients email server calling back to rockettheme to verify the address (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) as I understand it. I'm running Plesk and i'm pretty sure its qmail underneath. Any ideas of there is some config options i should be setting?
  • Re: Linux/Email help - Gurus out there?

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Linux/Email help - Gurus out there?

• Thanks for the link, but the problem i have is other SMTP servers saying that rockettheme is not implementing callout verify, it's not my server that's doing it. It's the other way around from this post.

cheers,
    • James Bush
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • IT Implentation, Marketing, Business consulting

Re: Linux/Email help - Gurus out there?

• Andy...
      I'm not a Linux Guru, but I did spend the night at a Holiday Express.
      I am 'familiar' with Linux...some of the first webservers I ran were "RAQs" and "CUBEs", but being from Georgia.... I know more about "Lennox Square" than "Linux Squares".
      But... your issue is with email...so, this may help you figure it out.
      Go here : www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=rockettheme.com
      Once the page loads, you will see several issues. Yellow blocks are 'warnings' and 'red' are failures. HOWEVER... I have seen 'failures and warnings' being generated that were false.
      Anyway... you will see an area concerning MX records...towards the bottom. One of the warning is:
      WARNING: One or more of your mailservers is claiming to be a host other than what it really is (the SMTP greeting should be a 3-digit code, followed by a space or a dash, then the host name). If your mailserver sends out E-mail using this domain in its EHLO or HELO, your E-mail might get blocked by anti-spam software. This is also a technical violation of RFC821 4.3 (and RFC2821 4.3.1). Note that the hostname given in the SMTP greeting should have an A record pointing back to the same server. Note that this one test may use a cached DNS record.
      mail.rockettheme.com claims to be host rockettheme.com [but that host is at 69.64.38.246 (may be cached), not 69.64.36.31].

IF I were troubleshooting this, I would start with clearing up all of the warnings and failures on my end, THAT I KNEW WERE VALID....and then start looking at other things.
      Do YOU handle your email server???
    • Stan
      There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.
      Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds