Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Argghh! My website's vanished in Europe

• zigzag
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Argghh! My website's vanished in Europe

Posted 18 years 1 month ago
    • Hello,

Today when I checked my sites none are accessible >:( after a brief panick ;D I contacted my host who told me this:
      The problem is that the connectivity routes between USA & Europe were changed recently and the separate routers must rearrange the routing tables and to announce between them their own networks. This will take some time and in this period, unfortunately, your websites will not be accessible from some of the internet service providers in Europe.
      Unfortunately, we can't give you ETA of the resolution, as the issue is on internetional level and your websites are affected along with thousands others around the Internet.
      Does anyone know anything about this or is affected by it?
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Argghh! My website's vanished in Europe

• this is very strange
      i've just done a check of a few sites and maybe i'm just lucky but i'm getting to everything and i use three seperate hosts
      naturally this is going to be the kiss of death for me and it will all go wrong soon ...
      the excuse does sound fairly lame though - surely this would ahve been something they were expecting and in that case could have informed you - who is your host?
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • zigzag
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hi Damo,
      I thought it was a bit lame too ;D but then I don't know anything about routing etc. I've since discovered that I could access them ok via a different ISP and now all sites have come back online ??? It's a bit worrying though and I'm wondering just how much traffic I'm loosing. I've pm'd the host name to you.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• If you can't see this site, please raise your hand! :)
    • zigzag
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• ;D Mines ok now.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds