Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

What SMF Theme is this?

• Cubfan
    • Sr. Rocketeer

What SMF Theme is this?

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • I really like the looks of this SMF theme? Where can I find it?

Using SMF on my church website, and this one looks good.
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

Re: What SMF Theme is this?

• Bryan Siverly wrote:
      I really like the looks of this SMF theme? Where can I find it?

Using SMF on my church website, and this one looks good.

This is a custom SMF theme created by Andy. It is the same one used on forum.joomla.org
      It is not avaiable to the public though. There was talk at one time to create a SMF club, but he has been pretty busy - so maybe in the future.
    • www.bentonhighschool.com/
  • Re: What SMF Theme is this?

• Hello there...

I'd like to second the requst for either the creation of SMF themes as part of THIS club membership... or having a sister "HoustonTheme" (as in "Houston, we have a problem!") site for SMF themes.

I'm a newbiew with Joomla... pushing a "bit over my head" on using it... and would LOVE to have a Forum like this one integrated into our sites... just not having any luck doing it yet.

While we're waiting for a place to get these... does anyone recommend a good company to have one like this made for usin in the meantime? (preferably affordably... GRIN)

Thanks,

Errin
      This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
    • Errin

GIZMO PROJECT.com ID: creedworks

"If you are dealing with Kleptomania... its ok... you can take something for it."

• Hello again... just wanted to freshen up my request / idea for the "HoustonTheme.com" site (to go with RocketTheme.com)... any thoughts on timeline?

Any recommendations where we can get assistance from a pro to have one JUST LIKE THIS ONE?

Thanks!!

Errin
    • Errin

GIZMO PROJECT.com ID: creedworks

"If you are dealing with Kleptomania... its ok... you can take something for it."
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• This SMF theme is basically the default theme on SMF with change to CSS, header, footer and images ...

You can also go over to the SMF forums and there is a whole forum dedicated to themes and where you can get them ..
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • Nuski

• Its not that hard to do, I followed andy's instructions and got to create a theme for my forum.
      see it here www.worldcupindex.com/forum.html , I use OMT as the theme and Babylon (comes with smf) for smf with some mods to header and footer and css.

Step 1. Find a page in ur joomla installation with little content. view source and copy that out.
      if u save it may not come out as expected in dreamweaver or such so its best to view source.

now the forum is to be placed were the content was so you have to carefully wrap the header from ur theme to above where the forum code starts and then close it off in the footer.
      most things will go into the index.template.php file I will try to show where below.

template_main_above() - will hold the header part of the theme, dont do i direct copy and paste most stuff comes after the </head>
      the code is commented so u will now what is what.
      in the case of OMT andy has this tag <div id="mainbody">'; that should tell u that content starts below. so it should be above this comment
      // Show the menu here, according to the menu sub template.
      template_menu();
      // The main content should go here. A table is used because IE 6 just can't handle a div.
      cause this now means forum stuff starts.

then comes the function template_main_below() which is the footer. our joomla footer will come to the end of that function before the </html>, just make sure all div's are closed and no table is left open, and u should be good to go.

step 2. get css info from the template_css.css file and paste it in the styles.css in the smf theme dir, making sure links and such use the look of the forums.

step 3. get images, now andy's footer says images froom food icons, but i think he made them for the forums u could do what i did and save the images and replacing them in the theme dir. (i should really give andy credit in my footer then) .

Step 4. Tweek, with this type of job it takes some time to get every thing right, mine still isnt perfect, buttons wont stay in the center, or take alignment properly. every case will be different and u need to constantly adjust stuff.
    • Resident Crazy Person

Posted 18 years 1 month ago
    • hello; new to Joomla and the RT club!

i also love this SMF theme, both here and over on Joomla, and realize that it's proprietary but would add my own voice to the chorus asking for versions for SMF! :) in the meantime, one thing i will be experimenting with is taking cues from the css sheets, color schemes and assets built into the Themes i try out here, to tweak a version of SMF that meshes well.

i have Big Plans afoot, and look forward to sharing my site with you all in a few weeks...!

- heath, portland or
    • "The answers you get depend upon the questions you ask." - Thomas Kuhn

• heath rezabek wrote:
      hello; new to Joomla and the RT club!

i also love this SMF theme, both here and over on Joomla, and realize that it's proprietary but would add my own voice to the chorus asking for versions for SMF! :) in the meantime, one thing i will be experimenting with is taking cues from the css sheets, color schemes and assets built into the Themes i try out here, to tweak a version of SMF that meshes well.

i have Big Plans afoot, and look forward to sharing my site with you all in a few weeks...!

- heath, portland or

If you need any help, you could take inspiration from my smf theme www.vibez.co.uk/forum/

• it seems like i could readily draw inspiration from your forum; great job! :)

maybe another thread is a good place, but perhaps we could share our tools and techniques as we all try to come close to the magnificence that is the JoomlaForum theme. :)

for my part, i will be starting in 2 places:

• using the Rhuk-created CSS from the Joomla Administration [and for that matter Installer] pages to create a nice 'alt-default' Joomla SMF Theme

• skipping for now the fooood icons [he wrote me back, and the cost for a site using AdSense [ie commercial] is out of my league], but instead, relying on the LGPL icons created for KDE... and there are many, many, many of them, all nice smooth pngs!

www.everaldo.com/crystal.html

more as it happens... :)

- heath
    • "The answers you get depend upon the questions you ask." - Thomas Kuhn

Posted 17 years 10 months ago
    • where is Andys post on this topic?

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds